Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Metroid » Tue May 18, 2010 11:02 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
Metroid wrote:If you go through life avoiding films because you see an actors name you don't like in the cast, you're going to miss out on a lot of great films. To me that's just a silly thing to do. :-?

I don't care what you say I am avoiding movies with a Wayans name associated with it, Shaq, Mariah Carey or anyone from the cast of Saved By the Bell. If I miss a lot of great films as a result, that's a risk I am prepared to take.

So you haven't seen Kazaam or Showgirls? Dude you are missing out.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue May 18, 2010 11:06 am

Metroid wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
Metroid wrote:If you go through life avoiding films because you see an actors name you don't like in the cast, you're going to miss out on a lot of great films. To me that's just a silly thing to do. :-?

I don't care what you say I am avoiding movies with a Wayans name associated with it, Shaq, Mariah Carey or anyone from the cast of Saved By the Bell. If I miss a lot of great films as a result, that's a risk I am prepared to take.

might be in my Top 5 comedies of all time...at least Top 10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Tue May 18, 2010 11:12 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

might be in my Top 5 comedies of all time...at least Top 10

totally. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue May 18, 2010 11:15 am

Showgirls was a fine film and a must buy on blu ray. Kazaam has no redeeming qualities and does not cross the Starship Troopers threshold of being so bad that it is good.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Metroid » Tue May 18, 2010 11:32 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Showgirls was a fine film and a must buy on blu ray. Kazaam has no redeeming qualities and does not cross the Starship Troopers threshold of being so bad that it is good.

Honestly, I have never seen Kazaam. :-B

I thought for sure there was an animated movie that Shaq voiced a character for, I guess I was wrong. After looking at his resume, you are totally right to avoid any films he's been in. Kazaam, Blue Chips, Steel, Freddy got Fingered, The Wash, Scary Movie 4....yeah what a bunch of crap. %-6
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue May 18, 2010 11:52 am

AussieDodger wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
It usually has to be more then one actor before I won't watch it. For example, Cate Blanchett makes me want to spew my ring out, but I'll still watch Robin Hood. I have missed a ton of turds with this policy, and maybe a handful of decent ones.

What's your deal with Cate Blanchett? She's not like a hot chick actress but I think she does an excellent job. She was great as Bob Dylan (lol I know but still) and also as Katharine Hepburn in Aviator among other movies.

They make a really big deal about her down here (she's on my tv waaaaaay too much), and I find her pig ugly and annoying. %-6

I wholeheartedly agree. I don't know what it is but I can't stand her.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby urbanbreez » Tue May 18, 2010 12:54 pm

to spew my ring out

What?
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Curtis Pride » Tue May 18, 2010 2:22 pm

Saw Kick-Ass - it was actually really good. Well, the first half was anyway. And the little girl was totally bad-ass.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun May 23, 2010 1:24 am

"Who the &#*(@#$ is Jackson Pollock?"- 9/10

An excellent documentary about a 73 year old woman truck driver who finds what many believe to be an authentic Jackson Pollock painting worth over $50 million for 5 bucks at a thrift store. The airy art community is not among the believers though and the doc focuses around the battle between science and art while intertwining the main character's life story. It gives an excellent perspective on class perceptions and in my opinion is an excellent expose of the legitimacy of the "art snob", as they continually ignore the stunningly clear forensic evidence in favor of the painting's authenticity. Much better than I thought it would be once I sat down to watch it.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun May 23, 2010 8:22 am

Couple Retreat - not sure why i even queued this up (probably because i saw a poster with Kristen Bell in a bikini). bunch of married couples go to an island getaway, hijinks ensue. anyway, it was OK, well, as OK as a movie with Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau can be (Swingers excluded)
6/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk