Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby thedude » Tue May 18, 2010 12:10 am

Metroid wrote:If you go through life avoiding films because you see an actors name you don't like in the cast, you're going to miss out on a lot of great films. To me that's just a silly thing to do. :-?

This. Besides a movie's quality has more to do with the director.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Tue May 18, 2010 1:36 am

Metroid wrote:If you go through life avoiding films because you see an actors name you don't like in the cast, you're going to miss out on a lot of great films. To me that's just a silly thing to do. :-?

It usually has to be more then one actor before I won't watch it. For example, Cate Blanchett makes me want to spew my ring out, but I'll still watch Robin Hood. I have missed a ton of turds with this policy, and maybe a handful of decent ones.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue May 18, 2010 1:41 am

AussieDodger wrote:

It usually has to be more then one actor before I won't watch it. For example, Cate Blanchett makes me want to spew my ring out, but I'll still watch Robin Hood. I have missed a ton of turds with this policy, and maybe a handful of decent ones.

it's not your fault
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby AussieDodger » Tue May 18, 2010 2:01 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:

it's not your fault

wat
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:39 am

AussieDodger wrote:

What's your deal with Cate Blanchett? She's not like a hot chick actress but I think she does an excellent job. She was great as Bob Dylan (lol I know but still) and also as Katharine Hepburn in Aviator among other movies.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:42 am

AussieDodger wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:

it's not your fault

wat

it's not your fault
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Tue May 18, 2010 2:43 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:

What's your deal with Cate Blanchett? She's not like a hot chick actress but I think she does an excellent job. She was great as Bob Dylan (lol I know but still) and also as Katharine Hepburn in Aviator among other movies.

They make a really big deal about her down here (she's on my tv waaaaaay too much), and I find her pig ugly and annoying. %-6
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:46 am

AussieDodger wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:

They make a really big deal about her down here (she's on my tv waaaaaay too much), and I find her pig ugly and annoying. %-6

it's not your fault
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue May 18, 2010 7:47 am

I don't care what you say I am avoiding movies with a Wayans name associated with it, Shaq, Mariah Carey or anyone from the cast of Saved By the Bell. If I miss a lot of great films as a result, that's a risk I am prepared to take.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue May 18, 2010 8:06 am

Mookie4ever wrote:

I don't care what you say I am avoiding movies with a Wayans name associated with it, Shaq, Mariah Carey or anyone from the cast of Saved By the Bell. If I miss a lot of great films as a result, that's a risk I am prepared to take.

Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire was pretty good, but Mariah had a moustache so i guess it doesnt really count as her
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk