Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby thedude » Tue May 18, 2010 12:10 am

Metroid wrote:If you go through life avoiding films because you see an actors name you don't like in the cast, you're going to miss out on a lot of great films. To me that's just a silly thing to do. :-?



This. Besides a movie's quality has more to do with the director.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby AussieDodger » Tue May 18, 2010 1:36 am

Metroid wrote:If you go through life avoiding films because you see an actors name you don't like in the cast, you're going to miss out on a lot of great films. To me that's just a silly thing to do. :-?


It usually has to be more then one actor before I won't watch it. For example, Cate Blanchett makes me want to spew my ring out, but I'll still watch Robin Hood. I have missed a ton of turds with this policy, and maybe a handful of decent ones.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue May 18, 2010 1:41 am

AussieDodger wrote:
Metroid wrote:If you go through life avoiding films because you see an actors name you don't like in the cast, you're going to miss out on a lot of great films. To me that's just a silly thing to do. :-?


It usually has to be more then one actor before I won't watch it. For example, Cate Blanchett makes me want to spew my ring out, but I'll still watch Robin Hood. I have missed a ton of turds with this policy, and maybe a handful of decent ones.


it's not your fault
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14141
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby AussieDodger » Tue May 18, 2010 2:01 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
Metroid wrote:If you go through life avoiding films because you see an actors name you don't like in the cast, you're going to miss out on a lot of great films. To me that's just a silly thing to do. :-?


It usually has to be more then one actor before I won't watch it. For example, Cate Blanchett makes me want to spew my ring out, but I'll still watch Robin Hood. I have missed a ton of turds with this policy, and maybe a handful of decent ones.


it's not your fault


wat
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:39 am

AussieDodger wrote:
Metroid wrote:If you go through life avoiding films because you see an actors name you don't like in the cast, you're going to miss out on a lot of great films. To me that's just a silly thing to do. :-?


It usually has to be more then one actor before I won't watch it. For example, Cate Blanchett makes me want to spew my ring out, but I'll still watch Robin Hood. I have missed a ton of turds with this policy, and maybe a handful of decent ones.


What's your deal with Cate Blanchett? She's not like a hot chick actress but I think she does an excellent job. She was great as Bob Dylan (lol I know but still) and also as Katharine Hepburn in Aviator among other movies.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:42 am

AussieDodger wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
It usually has to be more then one actor before I won't watch it. For example, Cate Blanchett makes me want to spew my ring out, but I'll still watch Robin Hood. I have missed a ton of turds with this policy, and maybe a handful of decent ones.


it's not your fault


wat


it's not your fault
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14141
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby AussieDodger » Tue May 18, 2010 2:43 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
Metroid wrote:If you go through life avoiding films because you see an actors name you don't like in the cast, you're going to miss out on a lot of great films. To me that's just a silly thing to do. :-?


It usually has to be more then one actor before I won't watch it. For example, Cate Blanchett makes me want to spew my ring out, but I'll still watch Robin Hood. I have missed a ton of turds with this policy, and maybe a handful of decent ones.


What's your deal with Cate Blanchett? She's not like a hot chick actress but I think she does an excellent job. She was great as Bob Dylan (lol I know but still) and also as Katharine Hepburn in Aviator among other movies.


They make a really big deal about her down here (she's on my tv waaaaaay too much), and I find her pig ugly and annoying. %-6
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:46 am

AussieDodger wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
It usually has to be more then one actor before I won't watch it. For example, Cate Blanchett makes me want to spew my ring out, but I'll still watch Robin Hood. I have missed a ton of turds with this policy, and maybe a handful of decent ones.


What's your deal with Cate Blanchett? She's not like a hot chick actress but I think she does an excellent job. She was great as Bob Dylan (lol I know but still) and also as Katharine Hepburn in Aviator among other movies.


They make a really big deal about her down here (she's on my tv waaaaaay too much), and I find her pig ugly and annoying. %-6


it's not your fault
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14141
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue May 18, 2010 7:47 am

Metroid wrote:If you go through life avoiding films because you see an actors name you don't like in the cast, you're going to miss out on a lot of great films. To me that's just a silly thing to do. :-?



I don't care what you say I am avoiding movies with a Wayans name associated with it, Shaq, Mariah Carey or anyone from the cast of Saved By the Bell. If I miss a lot of great films as a result, that's a risk I am prepared to take.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 277)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue May 18, 2010 8:06 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
Metroid wrote:If you go through life avoiding films because you see an actors name you don't like in the cast, you're going to miss out on a lot of great films. To me that's just a silly thing to do. :-?



I don't care what you say I am avoiding movies with a Wayans name associated with it, Shaq, Mariah Carey or anyone from the cast of Saved By the Bell. If I miss a lot of great films as a result, that's a risk I am prepared to take.


Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire was pretty good, but Mariah had a moustache so i guess it doesnt really count as her
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact