Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby j24jags » Mon May 03, 2010 7:27 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:Rocky - 7/10
Rocky 2 - 9/10 (Do you like having a good time? Then you need-a-good-watch!)
Rocky 3 - 6.5/10 (Mickey died in this one...not cool.)
Rocky 4 - 8.5/10 (I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change.)
Rocky 5 - ?
Rocky Balboa - 7/10
--I expected to be disappointed but I wasn't. Rocky's speech to his son in the middle of the movie was classic. I didn't really care for the way the fight was shot in this one. Not because of Stallone's limitations at this age (he looked like a pile of muscles) but it just didn't have the same feel as the earlier movies.

Yeah I went on a Rocky marathon over the weekend. They're all pretty awesome. But I skipped 5 as suggested. I'm tempted to go and watch it. I feel like I'm in Rocky withdrawal right now...must have more.

I'm jealous. I'm stuck here, finals week, working my tail off. I've been watching pretty much two Dexter episodes per day (one in the morning, one at night), but no times for movies this week :-t
Image
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10340
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby bigh0rt » Mon May 03, 2010 8:08 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:Rocky - 7/10
Rocky 2 - 9/10 (Do you like having a good time? Then you need-a-good-watch!)
Rocky 3 - 6.5/10 (Mickey died in this one...not cool.)
Rocky 4 - 8.5/10 (I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change.)
Rocky 5 - ?
Rocky Balboa - 7/10
--I expected to be disappointed but I wasn't. Rocky's speech to his son in the middle of the movie was classic. I didn't really care for the way the fight was shot in this one. Not because of Stallone's limitations at this age (he looked like a pile of muscles) but it just didn't have the same feel as the earlier movies.

Yeah I went on a Rocky marathon over the weekend. They're all pretty awesome. But I skipped 5 as suggested. I'm tempted to go and watch it. I feel like I'm in Rocky withdrawal right now...must have more.

If you don't feel like more of a man now, you should. Well done, sir.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 348)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Inukchuk » Mon May 03, 2010 8:32 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:Rocky - 7/10
Rocky 2 - 9/10 (Do you like having a good time? Then you need-a-good-watch!)
Rocky 3 - 6.5/10 (Mickey died in this one...not cool.)
Rocky 4 - 8.5/10 (I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change.)
Rocky 5 - ?
Rocky Balboa - 7/10
--I expected to be disappointed but I wasn't. Rocky's speech to his son in the middle of the movie was classic. I didn't really care for the way the fight was shot in this one. Not because of Stallone's limitations at this age (he looked like a pile of muscles) but it just didn't have the same feel as the earlier movies.

Yeah I went on a Rocky marathon over the weekend. They're all pretty awesome. But I skipped 5 as suggested. I'm tempted to go and watch it. I feel like I'm in Rocky withdrawal right now...must have more.


Awesome. I am surprised you like 2 the most. That's my least favorite non 5 Rocky. I thought the whole Adrian subplot reeeeally dragged it down.

Yeah, Mick dies in 3, but I'm still surprised you ranked it so low. Apollo and Paulie were great, and Clubber is the best villain in the series, IMO. Plus, the Apollo/Rocky man hug on the beach was one of the best awkward scenes ever.

As far as Balboa goes, the fight was shot a lot differently, but I liked the fact that it was a bit more realistic than the previous fights. Watching it for the first time, I was praying they wouldn't end it with Rocky winning. It would have been too ridiculous.

I'm glad you enjoyed them. I'd say if you're that into it, maybe you should check out 5. Any Rocky fan should experience it if for no other reason than to experience its awfulness and to complete the series. I think that in a way, if Rocky 5 wasn't as bad as it was, we might never have gotten Rocky Balboa. If I remember correctly, Stallone wanted to do the last one so that the series didn't end on such a weak note.
Image
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4014
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Mon May 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Mickey was the main reason I enjoyed two so much. I thought he was hilarious.

Mickey: Why do you have to wear that stinkin' sweatsuit?
Rocky Balboa: It brings me luck, you know?
Mickey: Brings you luck. I'll tell you what it brings - it brings FLIES! Now here's what I want you to do - I want you to chase this little chicken.
Rocky Balboa: Hey yo, Mick, what do I got to chase a chicken for?
Mickey: First, because I said so. And second, is because chicken-chasing is how we used to train back in the old days. If you can catch this thing, you can catch greased lighting.
Rocky Balboa: Well, I'll do it if you say so, but it ain't very mature.
Mickey: Yeah, well NEITHER ARE YOU!


Then Mickey goes and dies in #3; that starts the movie on a horrible note. Also, I never bought into Clubber. I thought he was made excessively rude/obnoxious. It just got old quickly for me. I get that he was the bad guy, but they could have dialed it down a few notches.

Plus Mickey died in three. I don't think I mentioned that.
Image
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 4264
Joined: 22 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby bigh0rt » Mon May 03, 2010 9:15 pm

Rocky 2 is the epic Balboa v. Creed rematch. It is my 2nd favorite after Rocky 4, which ended the Cold War.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 348)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue May 04, 2010 8:12 am

bigh0rt wrote:
jake_twothousandfive wrote:Rocky - 7/10
Rocky 2 - 9/10 (Do you like having a good time? Then you need-a-good-watch!)
Rocky 3 - 6.5/10 (Mickey died in this one...not cool.)
Rocky 4 - 8.5/10 (I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change.)
Rocky 5 - ?
Rocky Balboa - 7/10
--I expected to be disappointed but I wasn't. Rocky's speech to his son in the middle of the movie was classic. I didn't really care for the way the fight was shot in this one. Not because of Stallone's limitations at this age (he looked like a pile of muscles) but it just didn't have the same feel as the earlier movies.

Yeah I went on a Rocky marathon over the weekend. They're all pretty awesome. But I skipped 5 as suggested. I'm tempted to go and watch it. I feel like I'm in Rocky withdrawal right now...must have more.

If you don't feel like more of a man now, you should. Well done, sir.


Hey

What makes a man?
Is it the power in his hands?
Is it his quest for glory?
Give it all you've got,
to fight to the top
So we can know your story

Now you're a man

A man, man man
Now you're a man

A manny manny man
A man man man

You are now a man
You're a man
Now you're a man

Live it, Live it

What make a man?
Is it the woman in his arms?
Just cause she has big titties?
Or is it the way he fights every day?
....No, it's probably the titties

Now you're a man

A man, man man
Now you're a man-man

Man-man man-man man
Now you're a man

M-A-N, man
Man, man-man man
Now you're a man
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Inukchuk » Tue May 04, 2010 12:04 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:Mickey was the main reason I enjoyed two so much. I thought he was hilarious.

Mickey: Why do you have to wear that stinkin' sweatsuit?
Rocky Balboa: It brings me luck, you know?
Mickey: Brings you luck. I'll tell you what it brings - it brings FLIES! Now here's what I want you to do - I want you to chase this little chicken.
Rocky Balboa: Hey yo, Mick, what do I got to chase a chicken for?
Mickey: First, because I said so. And second, is because chicken-chasing is how we used to train back in the old days. If you can catch this thing, you can catch greased lighting.
Rocky Balboa: Well, I'll do it if you say so, but it ain't very mature.
Mickey: Yeah, well NEITHER ARE YOU!



You forgot the best line...
Rocky: I feel like a Kentucky Fried idiot...
Image
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4014
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby JRAMI » Tue May 04, 2010 1:41 pm

For fans of the Boken Lizard fellas, one of their movies slipped passed me apparently so I was late to the paty when I just saw it yesterday.
Movie is called "The Slammin Salmon". If you like Broken Lizard movies ,you will love this (Makers od Super Troopers, Beerfest, Club Dread)

Michael Clarke Duncan is hilarious. Yes, Michael Clarke Duncan!

Best line of Movie

Michael Clarke Duncan "Meat Drapes! Who the hell is Meat Drapes?"
Metrapades "That would be me sir, and its actually pronounced Metadrapedes"
Michael Clark Duncan "How come when I read it it says Meat Drapes?"
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 752
Joined: 2 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Inukchuk » Wed May 05, 2010 4:09 pm

I was wondering when that was coming out. Was it ever even in the theaters?
Image
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4014
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby JRAMI » Wed May 05, 2010 11:44 pm

You know I think I remember seeing a preview for it on TV when it was but I cant say with absolute confidence. I saw it online but Im sure its on DVD. I have to think it was out on theatres since all their other movies were released theatrically
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 752
Joined: 2 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: assiquate and 5 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact