Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby mweir145 » Sun May 02, 2010 2:20 am

teddy ballgame wrote:Pan's Labyrinth - 9/10 - Really enjoyed this...it absolutely lived up to the hype. It was way darker/more adult-themed than I was expecting, which made it even better.

One of my favourites.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Sun May 02, 2010 10:58 am

mweir145 wrote:
jfg wrote:I don't see how Godfather I is dated.

I watched the first one again recently...it isn't.

I own I and II and yes...it is. When I say it's "dated" I mean it's a film that was obviously shot in the 70's. The acting and storyline transcends all eras, and the film itself broke ground on the modern gangster film. But you only need to see a few minutes of it to know it wasn't shot yesterday, or 10 years ago, or even 20 years ago. Saying the film is dated isn't a knock, and it doesn't mean it hasn't held up, I'm just saying you can tell it's an older film. And rightfully so, hell it came out in 1972.

And I'll agree that the reason III gets such a bad rap is because it's connected to two far superior films, I still don't know that it'd be a classic on it's own, but doesn't hold a candle to I and II.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RugbyD » Mon May 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Adventureland - 2/10
2 points b/c there were some funny lines/moments. Otherwise, what a horrible waste of time. I wanted to stop it an hour in, but I had too much time invested at that point.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Mon May 03, 2010 1:32 pm

j24jags wrote:
RugbyD wrote:Adventureland - 2/10
2 points b/c there were some funny lines/moments. Otherwise, what a horrible waste of time. I wanted to stop it an hour in, but I had too much time invested at that point.

Hm, that's disappointing, I actually wanted to see that and I had heard good thing. I am a huge Ryan Reynolds fan.

Just watch it. I did and didn't think it was terrible. It's been a long time since I watched it, I think I'd probably only give it a 6 or 7 but it wasn't awful. If you're a huge Ryan Reynolds fan you'll probably like it more than most.

I did want someone to punch Kristen Stewart in the head though, but I always want that, for some reason she just bugs the hell out of me.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon May 03, 2010 2:00 pm

Metroid wrote:
j24jags wrote:
RugbyD wrote:Adventureland - 2/10

Hm, that's disappointing, I actually wanted to see that and I had heard good thing. I am a huge Ryan Reynolds fan.

Just watch it. I did and didn't think it was terrible. It's been a long time since I watched it, I think I'd probably only give it a 6 or 7 but it wasn't awful. If you're a huge Ryan Reynolds fan you'll probably like it more than most.

I did want someone to punch Kristen Stewart in the head though, but I always want that, for some reason she just bugs the hell out of me.

yeah it really wasnt as funny as i thought it would be but i still enjoyed it...agree about KS though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jfg » Mon May 03, 2010 2:09 pm

Adventureland was good, but the trailers made it into a much different movie than it was. It's more along the lines of Little Miss Sunshine or Juno than Superbad. If you were going in thinking Superbad you'd be very disappointed.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon May 03, 2010 3:43 pm

I loved Adventureland. Jfg is right though, it was marketed poorly. The trailers made it out to be Superbad 2 which it absolutely is not. Also, I like Kristen Stewart so that helped. :*)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Mon May 03, 2010 7:24 pm

Rocky - 7/10
Rocky 2 - 9/10 (Do you like having a good time? Then you need-a-good-watch!)
Rocky 3 - 6.5/10 (Mickey died in this one...not cool.)
Rocky 4 - 8.5/10 (I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change.)
Rocky 5 - ?
Rocky Balboa - 7/10
--I expected to be disappointed but I wasn't. Rocky's speech to his son in the middle of the movie was classic. I didn't really care for the way the fight was shot in this one. Not because of Stallone's limitations at this age (he looked like a pile of muscles) but it just didn't have the same feel as the earlier movies.

Yeah I went on a Rocky marathon over the weekend. They're all pretty awesome. But I skipped 5 as suggested. I'm tempted to go and watch it. I feel like I'm in Rocky withdrawal right now...must have more.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk