100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby thedude » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:23 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:That or the Dan Band singing at a wedding.

If the Dan Band is in a movie, regardess of suckiness up to that point, I will give it a good rating.

if i win the lottery i am going to buy a time machine and go back in time and have the Dan Band play at my wedding...

now that i wrote that i need to turn this into a screen play and sell it to Hollywood...i'll get Seth Rogan to play me and add in some hijnks, like maybe i could have the Dan Band travel back in time with me and Future Lambskin and Past Lambskin at the wedding with the Dan Band fighthing the real band we had...i'll call it Lottery Ticket Time Machine Wedding Crashers...i see at least $150M domestic

I have an idea. What if I took the plot of Ferngully, set it in space, sprinkled in some blatant health care and Iraq War references, and then shot the whole thing in 3D. :-?
Last edited by thedude on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:25 pm

mweir145 wrote:I don't go to a theater more than 6-7 times a year. Doesn't stop me from watching a ton of movies, though.

Oh I watch a ton of movies too, I just don't go to the theater hardly at all. It has to be something really special to get me to the theater. I should say I don't go to the mainstream new release theaters hardly at all. I go to the "dollar theaters" all the time. We have a few different ones here that show movies that aren't in the main theaters anymore but aren't on DVD yet either. The cool thing about them, aside from being cheap, is they have beer on tap. ;-D

At home I'll pretty much watch anything. My line of thought is by watching crappy movies you appreciate the good movies that much more. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:17 am

Metroid wrote:
mweir145 wrote:I don't go to a theater more than 6-7 times a year. Doesn't stop me from watching a ton of movies, though.

Oh I watch a ton of movies too, I just don't go to the theater hardly at all. It has to be something really special to get me to the theater. I should say I don't go to the mainstream new release theaters hardly at all. I go to the "dollar theaters" all the time. We have a few different ones here that show movies that aren't in the main theaters anymore but aren't on DVD yet either. The cool thing about them, aside from being cheap, is they have beer on tap. ;-D

At home I'll pretty much watch anything. My line of thought is by watching crappy movies you appreciate the good movies that much more. :-D

i'm the same way...it usually has to be a big action blockbuster that i feel i need to see on the big screen (i.e. Avatar, Iron Man 2) or something that just sounds really good or may have spoilers...i probably go to the show between 10-15 times a year...i skip the dollar shows though...the ones by me are pretty dingy. plus every 5 movie tickets i buy i get some sort of reward (i.e. free pop, free popcorn)...at 50 you get 2 free tix, 2 pops and 2 popcorns...so between me and the wife thats every 25 movies
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:30 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:

i'm the same way...it usually has to be a big action blockbuster that i feel i need to see on the big screen (i.e. Avatar, Iron Man 2) or something that just sounds really good or may have spoilers...i probably go to the show between 10-15 times a year...i skip the dollar shows though...the ones by me are pretty dingy. plus every 5 movie tickets i buy i get some sort of reward (i.e. free pop, free popcorn)...at 50 you get 2 free tix, 2 pops and 2 popcorns...so between me and the wife thats every 25 movies

Is there a time span you must see the 50 films in? If so that kinda sucks. Man I don't know if Shannon and I have seen 50 movies combined in the theater in the 12 years we've been together. 8-o

The cheap theaters are really cool here. Notice I put "dollar" in quotes though, the movies are really 3 bucks, but "3 dollar theater" doesn't have the same ring to it. One of them is showing Invasion of the Body Snatchers right now. ;-D

It's being able to drink beer in the theater that draws me in. :-B
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:57 am

Metroid wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:Oh I watch a ton of movies too, I just don't go to the theater hardly at all. It has to be something really special to get me to the theater. I should say I don't go to the mainstream new release theaters hardly at all. I go to the "dollar theaters" all the time. We have a few different ones here that show movies that aren't in the main theaters anymore but aren't on DVD yet either. The cool thing about them, aside from being cheap, is they have beer on tap. ;-D

Is there a time span you must see the 50 films in? If so that kinda sucks. Man I don't know if Shannon and I have seen 50 movies combined in the theater in the 12 years we've been together. 8-o

The cheap theaters are really cool here. Notice I put "dollar" in quotes though, the movies are really 3 bucks, but "3 dollar theater" doesn't have the same ring to it. One of them is showing Invasion of the Body Snatchers right now. ;-D

It's being able to drink beer in the theater that draws me in. :-B

as far as i know they dont expire...it's instant too, they just pop up with your tickets, so it's always a nice bonus every 2.5th movie we see we get something

i honestly think the last "dollar" movie we went to was our first date in 1997...it was Beverly Hills Ninja :-b they're usually full of rowdy teenagers. we have some upscaleish theatres that serve beer, i know i'd end up having to take a leak before the end of the movie though :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:45 am

In the Line of Fire: 7/10

Saw it the other night on TV...it's pretty entertaining. It's basically Clint Eastwood's Dirty Harry character playing a secret service agent trying to catch a crazy John Malkovich (who was deservingly nominated for an Oscar for this role) before he assassinates the President. Could have done without the pointless love interest, though.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:24 pm

mweir145 wrote:In the Line of Fire: 7/10

Saw it the other night on TV...it's pretty entertaining. It's basically Clint Eastwood's Dirty Harry character playing a secret service agent trying to catch a crazy John Malkovich (who was deservingly nominated for an Oscar for this role) before he assassinates the President. Could have done without the pointless love interest, though.

Excellent movie. One of my favorite corny-ish movies of all time. So many "classic" one-liners.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:49 pm

I pretty much only watch movies at the theatre. I love the theatre experience with the popcorn, the THX, the big screen etc. I can't watch a full movie at home, too many distractions with the kids, the telephone, the wife etc. Home is for tv programming, sports and the occasional light comedy.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Ponyo 8/10
Another great movie from Miyazaki. If you don't love the protagonist, you're dead inside.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:49 pm

Meet Joe Black - 7/10

At 3 hours, the film was a lot longer than it needed to be. Anthony Hopkins stole the show. Brad Pitt was pretty limited in his role as Joe Black/Death. Claire Forlani was a nice peace of eye candy.

Overall not bad, but I felt it could have been a lot better.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk