Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:56 pm

Mugrila wrote:There is simply no way his character is believable; rangers are ultra disciplined, he would have been fired the first time he did something like he does all movie. Add to that a war crime by a colonel, them sitting in the middle of the desert taking fire when there was a vehicle in working order sitting right there, sniping a man on the run after he just missed him sitting still?

Quite a few of head scratchers in this one that take away from its credibility.

truth.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:04 pm

Mugrila wrote:
j24jags wrote:Hurt Locker 8.5/10

Good movie, not sure if it deserved Best Picture, but Jeremy Renner was great (very hateable though). I don't want to spoil it, but it was pretty intense, emotional, great movie. It was a little long and Renner was a little too hateable, otherwise it would have been a little better. I really did like the ending though, it was very fitting. Also, a lot of the effects/graphics during the explosions were stunning, very powerful. I'd recommend it.

There is simply no way his character is believable; rangers are ultra disciplined, he would have been fired the first time he did something like he does all movie. Add to that a war crime by a colonel, them sitting in the middle of the desert taking fire when there was a vehicle in working order sitting right there, sniping a man on the run after he just missed him sitting still?

Take most of those out, though, and the movie is suddenly a lot less watchable. It's the beauty of Hollywood. You've got to suspend disbelief (and I know this is used quite frequently as a cop out, but not trying to do so here) and let yourself be lured in by the plot and characters. The movie was very, very good, though everything you say is certainly true.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby j24jags » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:08 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Mugrila wrote:

Good movie, not sure if it deserved Best Picture, but Jeremy Renner was great (very hateable though). I don't want to spoil it, but it was pretty intense, emotional, great movie. It was a little long and Renner was a little too hateable, otherwise it would have been a little better. I really did like the ending though, it was very fitting. Also, a lot of the effects/graphics during the explosions were stunning, very powerful. I'd recommend it.

There is simply no way his character is believable; rangers are ultra disciplined, he would have been fired the first time he did something like he does all movie. Add to that a war crime by a colonel, them sitting in the middle of the desert taking fire when there was a vehicle in working order sitting right there, sniping a man on the run after he just missed him sitting still?

Take most of those out, though, and the movie is suddenly a lot less watchable. It's the beauty of Hollywood. You've got to suspend disbelief (and I know this is used quite frequently as a cop out, but not trying to do so here) and let yourself be lured in by the plot and characters. The movie was very, very good, though everything you say is certainly true.

True facts hort.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:28 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Mugrila wrote:

it was exactly those things that made the movie unwatchable. stuff the characters did that you know nobody would actually do because nobody is that stupid. going in to a live bomb before sending in a robot to check it out first? taking up a sniper position in the exact same spot where your previous sniper was shot and when you have a vehicle nearby that you can just take off in? it just pissed me off how stupid the characters were being and it got the point where i just couldn't watch it anymore.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:32 am

Metroid wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:2012: 0/10

....Do yourself a favour and don't watch this.

I should have taken your advice but I couldn't help myself. What a giant dog turd of a movie. %-6

:-/
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby j24jags » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:41 am

Just watched Blow (2001): 8.5/10

I really enjoyed this movie. It's based on a true story about George Jung. He is raised in a poor family, and he decides he needs to get away. He leaves his family for California, begins to deal pot, then eventually he moves onto cocaine. This movie follows him as he falls in love, breaks his parents' hearts, etc. It really does an amazing job to make you sympathize and root for Johnny Depp as Jung rather than to scorn at him and call him a lowlife. It was very powerful with some very emotional scenes (especially the end). Johnny Depp does a great job in yet another stretch role. I'd definitely recommend this one ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:06 am

i keep forgetting to return Lost Highway :-C oh well, i ususally dont have time to watch anything until the weekend anyway
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:37 am

W: 3/10

Meh. Not worth the effort of putting it in the dvd player.
They don't have a scene of him reading My Pet Goat either :-C

Black Sheep (NZ, 2006): 7/10
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :-b

Spoiler:
They pulled his weiner off! ahahahahahahahahahahahaha :-b
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby soxfan364 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:37 pm

I agree this one is worth your time

j24jags wrote:Just watched Blow (2001): 8.5/10

I really enjoyed this movie. I'd definitely recommend this one ;-D
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby jfg » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:22 pm

My friends who've been stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan say that a lot of scenes in Hurt Locker really hit home. I haven't seen it yet, but they say that the grocery aisle seen might be the most real thing they've ever seen on film.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk