Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:16 pm

i just don't think it's good practice to make your main character an idiot who's impossible to root for.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14142
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby mweir145 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:26 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:i just don't think it's good practice to make your main character an idiot who's impossible to root for.

The main character has to be somebody you want to root for?
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:27 pm

mweir145 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:i just don't think it's good practice to make your main character an idiot who's impossible to root for.

The main character has to be somebody you want to root for?


in a movie like that? i doubt the writers were trying to create a character who i was hoping would die throughout the movie.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14142
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby thedude » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:54 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Are you calling me retarded?


no, i'm calling the masses retarded.


Which is why a movie with pretty colors is nominated for best picture.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:02 am

:-t To Hurt Locker winning Best Picture.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby mweir145 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:10 am

It was a down year, indeed. I would have reluctantly given it to Inglourious Basterds, but that says more about the quality of the competition than anything.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:21 am

mweir145 wrote:It was a down year, indeed. I would have reluctantly given it to Inglourious Basterds, but that says more about the quality of the competition than anything.


the beginning and end of inglourious basterds were awesome, but the middle had too many scenes that were way too drawn out and boring. if they had just spent the movie focused on the Basterds running around and killing nazis it would have been awesome.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14142
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:29 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:It was a down year, indeed. I would have reluctantly given it to Inglourious Basterds, but that says more about the quality of the competition than anything.


the beginning and end of inglourious basterds were awesome, but the middle had too many scenes that were way too drawn out and boring. if they had just spent the movie focused on the Basterds running around and killing nazis it would have been awesome.


No, playing celebrity heads for half an hour was crucial ;-7 O:-)
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 4:10 hours
(and 97 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact