Observe and Report- 6/10
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby j24jags » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:04 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:The Hurt Locker- 1/10

Pretty much deserved the lowest rating because I couldn't even finish it. The main character was some retarded bomb diffuser who thought he was such a badass that he could do whatever the hell wanted and his badassery would prevent him from ever getting blown up. how am i supposed to root for a guy who is too cool to let a robot go in first and check stuff out, all i could think about is how much of a moron he was. i srsly have never wanted a character to die more. then you combine that with ridiculous predictability (i mean srsly who couldn't call every single death in that movie before it happened) and a scene with three guys wrestling without shirts on for 10 minutes and you have a pretty terrible movie. i cannot understand how it's nominated for an oscar.

Wow, I am dying to see this movie, this is the most negative review I have ever seen about this film, interesting take.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Metroid » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:24 pm

j24jags wrote:

Pretty much deserved the lowest rating because I couldn't even finish it. The main character was some retarded bomb diffuser who thought he was such a badass that he could do whatever the hell wanted and his badassery would prevent him from ever getting blown up. how am i supposed to root for a guy who is too cool to let a robot go in first and check stuff out, all i could think about is how much of a moron he was. i srsly have never wanted a character to die more. then you combine that with ridiculous predictability (i mean srsly who couldn't call every single death in that movie before it happened) and a scene with three guys wrestling without shirts on for 10 minutes and you have a pretty terrible movie. i cannot understand how it's nominated for an oscar.

Wow, I am dying to see this movie, this is the most negative review I have ever seen about this film, interesting take.

Take this review with a grain of salt, this is a review from a guy who also said Gran Torrino, Hot Fuzz, Taxi Driver, No Country for Old Men, Bourne Identity, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy all sucked too. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby j24jags » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:32 pm

Metroid wrote:
j24jags wrote:

Take this review with a grain of salt, this is a review from a guy who also said Gran Torrino, Hot Fuzz, Taxi Driver, No Country for Old Men, Bourne Identity, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy all sucked too. :-D

Hehe I didn't realize that. Taxi Driver and No Country are two of my favorites ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:43 pm

at least i'm not a tool of critics and the popular opinion of masses of retards.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Metroid » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:54 pm

Are you calling me retarded?
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby mweir145 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:58 pm

It was a good movie and gave an interesting perspective, but I didn't see it as Best Picture quality.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:59 pm

I see your point.

*puts Hurt Locker at the top of his Netflix queue*
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Metroid » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:01 pm

mweir145 wrote:It was a good movie and gave an interesting perspective, but I didn't see it as Best Picture quality.

I totally agree, it wasn't anything close to Best Picture quality but it was pretty good.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:13 pm

Metroid wrote:Are you calling me retarded?

no, i'm calling the masses retarded.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk