Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:35 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Saw Percy Jackson and the Olympians - the Lightning Thief yesterday. 6/10 to 7.5/10

If you didn't read the books and think that this is just a lame rip off of Harry Potter you will give it 6. If you read the books and you know that it's just a lame rip off of Harry Potter you will probably give it 6 as well because they messed up the story and took out good characters and screwed up other characters and had some horrible casting (Pierce Brosnan as a centaur?). But if you're easy going like me and go with the flow you notice the good production values, it's an enjoyable waste of 2 hrs - it gets 7.5

maybe A-rod was unavailable
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby markj11 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:06 pm

Avitar 3D - 9/10 This is the first movie I have seen in the theater in 5.5 years. I only went after reading some of the reviews here. It was amazing. I could care less about political views in movies, who cares, isn't it pretty much in every movie in one way or another?
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Chicago 2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:56 pm

Law Abiding Citizen - 8/10

The ending was disappointing. The movie was better and offered more surprises than what I was expecting, rather funny in parts as well. Definitely would recommend it.
Chicago 2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:49 am

Surrogates kinda wish i had a surrogate...so it could have watched this movie for me. it was OK i guess, about what i expected
6/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby thedude » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:50 am

Shutter Island 8.5/10

DiCaprio and Scorsese, is turning out to be a pretty good combination. Though Scorsese makes great movies no matter who his star is. This movie seemed liked it dragged a little in the middle, but some how it was still great.

SpoilerLike many movies about insane asylums, you wonder if the people running the hospital are as insane as the patients, but unlike those movies that is a plot device to help the audience see the see the world from the prospective of protagonist. Viewing the world form the protagonists prospective builds the "twist" at the end.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:28 pm

The Royal Tenenbaums - 3/10

I have no idea why people like this movie. Maybe I just didn't get it. The cast is the only thing that saved this from being a monumental disaster for me.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:13 pm

thedude wrote:Shutter Island 8.5/10

DiCaprio and Scorsese, is turning out to be a pretty good combination. Though Scorsese makes great movies no matter who his star is. This movie seemed liked it dragged a little in the middle, but some how it was still great.

SpoilerLike many movies about insane asylums, you wonder if the people running the hospital are as insane as the patients, but unlike those movies that is a plot device to help the audience see the see the world from the prospective of protagonist. Viewing the world form the protagonists prospective builds the "twist" at the end.

just got back from seeing it...i liked it quite a bit, but yeah it did seem to drag in the middle a bit
8/10

jake_twothousandfive wrote:The Royal Tenenbaums - 3/10

I have no idea why people like this movie. Maybe I just didn't get it. The cast is the only thing that saved this from being a monumental disaster for me.

i remember not liking it that much the first time i saw it, but after a few repeat viewings it just seems to get better and better
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:28 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:The Royal Tenenbaums - 3/10

I have no idea why people like this movie.

My guess would be because it's hilarious and incredibly original.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Metroid » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:32 pm

The Royal Tenenbaums is a fantastic movie, I have no idea why some people don't like it.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:45 pm

I loved that movie but I can find Wes Anderson pretty annoying. If I had seen Darjeeling Limited and that Jacques Cousteau movie first I probably would have thought that Anderson was trying way too hard to be quirky. As it is I don't like his later films instead (with the exception of the Fantastic Mr. Fox).
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk