100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:14 am

Funny People - underwhelming/10

I don't get Judd Apatow movies.
Adam Sandler being a jerk sounds good on paper, but this was meh.
AND WHY DOES HE KEEP CASTING THAT FAT P.O.S JONAH HILL (THE JAR JAR BINKS OF COMEDY ACTORS)?
The only bit that was interesting was Eric Bana hamming it up as "An Australian Guy" :-b

Rocky Balboa - 6/10

It was OK, and does the job of making you forget the abortion that was Rocky V.
Quite watchable.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:15 am

Moon - Absolutely loved it. I'd been wanting to see it for a while now and finally got around to it. It's a little bizarre but not hard to follow at all. I pretty much had it figured out really early on, but that didn't detract from how good the film was. I'm a big Sam Rockwell fan and he didn't disappoint. Kevin Spacey as the voice of GERTY was great too. That was pretty much the entire cast. The sets were fantastic, and I loved that they used miniatures rather than CG for most of the effects. To me it makes for a much more realistic look and feel. This is definitely one I'm going to buy.

I'll give it 4 out of 5 Mets.

:-B
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jfg » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:28 pm

Extract: 4/5 I wasn't a fan of Idiocracy so I didn't know if I'd like this Mike Judge movie but it was pretty good.

Star Trek Generations: 3.5/5- Other than Khan this is much better than any of the original movies. I like the Next Generation characters better, but having never watched a Next Generation show I felt like I didn't really know a lot of things I should have about them.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Fantastic Mr. Fox 8.5/10
Very funny stuff, Clooney is great. If you have kids you have to take them to see this. This and the Incredibles are about the only movies that parents will like as much as their kids. Awesome stop action animation. This is the best Wes Anderson pic since The Royal Tennenbaums.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Metroid » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:34 am

Extract: Good but not great. It had its moments but it left me wanting more. I liked the "averageness" and quirks of the characters, a little like Office Space in that way, which is a good thing. All in all it had a bland feel to it though. I'll have to watch it again at some point and see if it's one of those that grows on you.

Jennifer's Body: I actually liked it. It was silly and had a campy feel, reminded me a lot of Jawbreaker. I didn't love it but I was entertained. Megan Fox was nice to look at, and her make out session with her girlfriend was pretty sweet. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thedude » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:47 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:Pandorum - 8.5/10 - Pretty cool movie

Pandorum 8/10 - This was a very fun movie. I would say the best way to describe it is a mesh of 28 Days Later, Castaway, and Memento. It was more a psychological thriller based in space rather than a Sci-Fi movie. ;-D ;-D
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:42 pm

The Kingdom - 8/10 - I think this is what I was expecting from The Hurt Locker. Very enjoyable.

Fanboys - 4/10 - Had a few laughs. Kristen Bell is really hot. That's about it.

Lars And The Real Girl - 6.5/10 - A little slow but it was pretty interesting.

The Aviator - 7/10 - I didn't enjoy the first hour and I don't like Cate Blanchett, but Leo was great as usual, and once he came to own TWA it got much more interesting.

The Informant! - 6/10 - The previews make it out to be something it's not. The story was interesting, but the circumstances surrounding it were boring. That probably doesn't make sense, but if you've seen it maybe you'll know what I mean.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:56 pm

The Matrix - 9/10

I forgot how much I like this movie. The first one is significantly better than the following two and it tells a satisfyingly story in and of itself. It seems like some people hold it against the original that Reloaded and Revolutions were disappointments in comparison, but I'm fine with enjoying the first movie and ignoring the other two.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:02 pm

Sherlock Holmes - 8/10 - Wildly mixed reviews from everybody I spoke to from absolutely loving it to saying it was rubbish. I lean towards the former. I enjoyed it start to finish, Rachel McAdams is absolutely gorgeous, and I thought that both Robert Downy Jr. and Jude Law did solid jobs as Holmes and Watson, respectively. My main gripe with the movie was that it was really just a blatant set up for a sequel, with Moriarty not being the antagonist for the majority of the story, though they did a good job with getting to know the characters, and setting up to go forward. I'd like to see a few sequels here as long as the writing is well done. Worth seeing on Netflix or On Demand or whatever.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby jfg » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:18 pm

It is Valentine's Day but we went to go see Avatar in IMax 3D today and it was sold out. How much is this movie going to end up making?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk