Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Avatar really needs some new ads, because it looks like DO NOT WANT to me.

I think advertising for movies in general needs to improve, they make nothing look must-watch.
Image
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11354
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:30 am

Blind Side: 7/10 liked watching this one a lot
The Sandlot: 10/10 ;-D
________________________________________

Image
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2878
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 2 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:50 pm

DbacksRback wrote:The Sandlot: 10/10 ;-D

;-D ;-D
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:53 pm

How the West Was Won 9.5/10- One of the best movies I've seen in a while. An awesome Western epic that I would recommend to anyone. So many big names in it.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby jfg » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:33 pm

AussieDodger wrote:Avatar really needs some new ads, because it looks like DO NOT WANT to me.

I think advertising for movies in general needs to improve, they make nothing look must-watch.


I agree, the previews make it look awful. But, everybody loves it. My question is if the movie is made for Imax 3D how is that going to translate to DVD and Bluray? Imax 3D is awesome and red and blue 3d glasses just won't be the same. I wonder if this will be the movie that brings that technology into the living room.
Image
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6078
(Past Year: 95)
Joined: 4 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby StlSluggers » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:19 am

jfg wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:Avatar really needs some new ads, because it looks like DO NOT WANT to me.

I think advertising for movies in general needs to improve, they make nothing look must-watch.


I agree, the previews make it look awful. But, everybody loves it. My question is if the movie is made for Imax 3D how is that going to translate to DVD and Bluray? Imax 3D is awesome and red and blue 3d glasses just won't be the same. I wonder if this will be the movie that brings that technology into the living room.

I've heard this question many times, and I've yet to see an answer to it.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby KCollins1304 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:41 am

StlSluggers wrote:
jfg wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:Avatar really needs some new ads, because it looks like DO NOT WANT to me.

I think advertising for movies in general needs to improve, they make nothing look must-watch.


I agree, the previews make it look awful. But, everybody loves it. My question is if the movie is made for Imax 3D how is that going to translate to DVD and Bluray? Imax 3D is awesome and red and blue 3d glasses just won't be the same. I wonder if this will be the movie that brings that technology into the living room.

I've heard this question many times, and I've yet to see an answer to it.


I don't really know how it all works, but why is it so hard to make the 3D version on a DVD/Bluray? And use the same type of glasses you watch the 3D movie with?
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby wake » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:37 am

KCollins1304 wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
jfg wrote:
I agree, the previews make it look awful. But, everybody loves it. My question is if the movie is made for Imax 3D how is that going to translate to DVD and Bluray? Imax 3D is awesome and red and blue 3d glasses just won't be the same. I wonder if this will be the movie that brings that technology into the living room.

I've heard this question many times, and I've yet to see an answer to it.


I don't really know how it all works, but why is it so hard to make the 3D version on a DVD/Bluray? And use the same type of glasses you watch the 3D movie with?


I think the movie will lose a lot of its appeal outside of the theater. Without the great visuals, there's not much to set it it apart from movies with similar plots like Dances with Wolves or The Last Samurai (and especially Fern Gully).
Image
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1321
Joined: 24 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby ayebatter » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:15 am

The Great Match: 9/10 ;-D

This movie shows you the passion of the World Cup, I never realized the depth of soccer fandom.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12133
(Past Year: 1436)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby jfg » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:31 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
jfg wrote:
I agree, the previews make it look awful. But, everybody loves it. My question is if the movie is made for Imax 3D how is that going to translate to DVD and Bluray? Imax 3D is awesome and red and blue 3d glasses just won't be the same. I wonder if this will be the movie that brings that technology into the living room.

I've heard this question many times, and I've yet to see an answer to it.


I don't really know how it all works, but why is it so hard to make the 3D version on a DVD/Bluray? And use the same type of glasses you watch the 3D movie with?


Imax 3d glasses are much different than normal blue and red glasses. They are available for home viewing, but they need to plugged in and wired for some reason and there are only a handful of DVD's that do it, and they aren't made for Bluray.

Image
Image
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6078
(Past Year: 95)
Joined: 4 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jasonjt60, paulaqc4, unioreimi and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact