Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Still shake my head every time GF talks about how much he hated Taxi Driver.....
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:19 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:Still shake my head every time GF talks about how much he hated Taxi Driver.....

you dating giantsfan? isn't he a bit too old for you? :-?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Open Water 8/10

creepy. First movie in a long time to actually scare me.

edit: I was curious about the making of this movie so I checked out the wiki page - it only cost $130K to make but then Lions Gate spend $8M on advertising 8-o
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:38 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Open Water 8/10

creepy. First movie in a long time to actually scare me.

edit: I was curious about the making of this movie so I checked out the wiki page - it only cost $130K to make but then Lions Gate spend $8M on advertising 8-o

Was the the movie with the two people stranded in the middle of the ocean or something? :-?
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:36 pm

Dead Girl a couple of slacker dudes find some sort of zombie chick chained up in an old asylum and bang her a lot...hijinks ensue. not really all that scary or groundbreaking but it was a decent watch
7/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Sticky Spice » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:19 pm

Labyrinth 2/10

I remember when Labyrinth came out I wanted to see it, so a few years later when they were showing it in middle school I was excited. That didn't last long. Flash forward to now and I thought that maybe I just got the wrong impression. So I watched it on Netflix watch now. It was awful. I'm sure the puppetry was fantastic, and it was very imaginative and all that, but man it sucked. It sucked for me as a 13-year old and it sucks now. But I bet pre-teen girls adore it. It definitely seems geared towards girls and I know Jim Henson had at least one daughter... so maybe it was for her?

Conan the Barbarian 5/10

Super fun classic, but I forgot how boring the middle is, and the first third pretty much overshadows the rest of the movie. Gotta love some of the quotes:
Mongol General: Conan! What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Love the Tree of Woe, but we felt like the big stone wheel thingy needed a name, so we named it Wheel of Ram. Was all that to train a pit fighter? What if he lost his first match? !+)
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:53 pm

Sticky Spice wrote:Labyrinth 2/10

I remember when Labyrinth came out I wanted to see it, so a few years later when they were showing it in middle school I was excited. That didn't last long. Flash forward to now and I thought that maybe I just got the wrong impression. So I watched it on Netflix watch now. It was awful. I'm sure the puppetry was fantastic, and it was very imaginative and all that, but man it sucked. It sucked for me as a 13-year old and it sucks now. But I bet pre-teen girls adore it. It definitely seems geared towards girls and I know Jim Henson had at least one daughter... so maybe it was for her?

i own it...but yeah, it's not that great...but now i'm going to have Magic Dance in my head

i also own Dark Crystal (Robot Chickens Dark Cristal spoof is hilarious) and Legend
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:45 am

Trick 'r Treat 4 seperate stories on halloween intertwine...hijinks ensue. kinda corny but at only 80ish minutes it was a decent watch
7/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:09 pm

Do you ever watch movies where hijinks don't ensue? Or do hijinks ensue in all movies? :-?

:-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:32 pm

Metroid wrote:Do you ever watch movies where hijinks don't ensue? Or do hijinks ensue in all movies? :-?

:-b

Non-hijinks movies IMO:

Finding Nemo
O.H.M.S.S
Sweeney Todd (in the 3 mins I saw)

:-P
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)