Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:58 am

Funny Games - Tim Roth and Naomi Watts in a remake of a 1997 film of the same name about a husband and wife and their kid who are attacked by psychos in their vacation home...not a typical slasher flick though, shot very believably...slow in spots and a moment towards the end that may anger or confuse some
7/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:18 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Funny Games - Tim Roth and Naomi Watts in a remake of a 1997 film of the same name about a husband and wife and their kid who are attacked by psychos in their vacation home...not a typical slasher flick though, shot very believably...slow in spots and a moment towards the end that may anger or confuse some
7/10

Isn't it too soon to make remakes of 90s films?

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:40 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:Funny Games - Tim Roth and Naomi Watts in a remake of a 1997 film of the same name about a husband and wife and their kid who are attacked by psychos in their vacation home...not a typical slasher flick though, shot very believably...slow in spots and a moment towards the end that may anger or confuse some
7/10

Isn't it too soon to make remakes of 90s films?

meh...it was done by the same director...the original was a low budget film done in Australia with no name actors
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby JTWood » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:20 pm

I'm interested to see if anyone has seen 9.

I'm thinking I won't see it, probably, since I just learned it's 80-minutes long. As expected, I've read that the story is weak.

Pity. :-t
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Metroid » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:22 pm

Obviously not a rating but I'm pretty pumped to see Zombieland. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:24 pm

just bought and watched gladiator in blu-ray. awesome.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby jfg » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:22 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:just bought and watched gladiator in blu-ray. awesome.

That's a movie made for the Blu-Ray format. Do you have a receiver that can do Dolby Plus?

One thing that bothers me about Bluray (and DVD's too I suppose) is that I have a 32" LCD, and I still have to deal with black bars. Is 16:9 not wide enough for directors or is it a ploy to get people to still go to theaters? I'm sure on 60" inch screens those black bars don't matter, but on a 32-40" TV which is what the normal household has, 2:39:1 Blurays don't look all that much better than DVD's since you have such a small picture anyway. I understand and am all for getting the directors intent but how far left and right do we really need to see?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:26 pm

jfg wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:just bought and watched gladiator in blu-ray. awesome.

That's a movie made for the Blu-Ray format. Do you have a receiver that can do Dolby Plus?

One thing that bothers me about Bluray (and DVD's too I suppose) is that I have a 32" LCD, and I still have to deal with black bars. Is 16:9 not wide enough for directors or is it a ploy to get people to still go to theaters? I'm sure on 60" inch screens those black bars don't matter, but on a 32-40" TV which is what the normal household has, 2:39:1 Blurays don't look all that much better than DVD's since you have such a small picture anyway. I understand and am all for getting the directors intent but how far left and right do we really need to see?

no i don't :,-( . a sweet sound system will probably be the next thing i buy when i have some extra monies.

also, I have a 50 inch so i don't have the black bar problem, i can see how it'd be annoying though.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jfg » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:36 pm

A DD+ receiver is on my wishlist, but a ways down. As long as I'm in an apartment I don't need it since I can't really blast it anyway. DTS doesn't allow for night compression so I just stick to Dolby 5.1 most of the time. I am interested in hearing the difference between the DD and DD+ though.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:39 pm

jfg wrote:A DD+ receiver is on my wishlist, but a ways down. As long as I'm in an apartment I don't need it since I can't really blast it anyway. DTS doesn't allow for night compression so I just stick to Dolby 5.1 most of the time. I am interested in hearing the difference between the DD and DD+ though.

i really know nothing about sound systems, when it comes time i'll just do some research to find the most bang for my buck and then buy it on ebay. used stuff ftw.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk