Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:56 pm

jfg wrote:I went and saw Angels and Demons tonight and it was much better than I expected. Da Vinci Code sucked, the pace was way too slow and never captured the excitement of the book but this one was able to recapture at least some of it. It felt like it was more for people who have read the book, leaving out the history and conversation for the most part and staying on top of the suspense. I think it's the best Ron Howard could do with it and I hope he sticks to letting the book handle the little details in the next couple of movies as well.

I saw this on the way over, and wasn't excited about it.
It was obvious that ewan mcgregor's creepy character was some sort of baddie from the start, and it was obvious that someone "in charge" was screwing around tom hanks' character. story-wise = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:36 pm

Iron Man - 8/10 - Very good movie. I found the back story more interesting than Batman Begins, but I don't see the sequel surpassing The Dark Knight (though Scarlett could make it close :-L ).
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby urbanbreez » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:36 pm

The 6th girl you drafted in the Hot Chick Draft, Teddy.... she looks like a cross-eyed Olson Twin. Who is that thing??

Sorry, off topic, I know.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:04 pm

urbanbreez wrote:The 6th girl you drafted in the Hot Chick Draft, Teddy.... she looks like a cross-eyed Olson Twin. Who is that thing??

ashly tisdale, some disney channel chick. probably one of the worst picks in the entire draft.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby urbanbreez » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:27 pm

Yeah. I just googled her for research purposes -- its official. That ties Lambskin’s 2nd round selection of Xtina for worst pick of the draft.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:12 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:The 6th girl you drafted in the Hot Chick Draft, Teddy.... she looks like a cross-eyed Olson Twin. Who is that thing??

ashly tisdale, some disney channel chick. probably one of the worst picks in the entire draft.

Lmao
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:21 pm

Doubtvery well acted, Phillip Seymour Hoffman is one of the best in the biz. i was never really bored and i liked that the whole movie is kind of ambiguous about what may/may not have happended
8/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jfg » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:35 pm

I Love You Man- It started out really funny but the joke kind of wore thin after awhile. I started getting tired of it with about 20 minutes left in the movie, so that's not too bad I suppose.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:41 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Iron Man - 8/10 - Very good movie. I found the back story more interesting than Batman Begins, but I don't see the sequel surpassing The Dark Knight (though Scarlett could make it close :-L ).

Upon re-watching Batman Begins, I'm going to take this back. Batman is just so much deeper. Not to take anything away from Iron Man, because I still gave it an 8, but I'm gonna go with 8.5 for Batman Begins.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby fezzik » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:26 pm

The Good Shepherd - 6.5/10

I enjoyed the technical aspects and intrigue surrounding the formation of the CIA. I didn't really care about the characters. Sometimes the constant changes in the time line got annoying. It was too long. The plot was interesting, although at times felt too complex.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk