100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby C2ThaLo88 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:38 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
[b]Adventureland - 10/10
- I really loved this movie. I can't give it enough praise, it was just fantastic.

Just watched it and you're pretty close on this one. Very good, funny, and good story.
C2ThaLo88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:13 am

Inglourious Basterds - 9/10 - if you are a fan of Tarantino then you will enjoy this film.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CadensDad » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:12 am

Raging Bull -6/10

I lead a sheltered life so I have never seen it before, but it was not as good as I have hoped. Acting was good but not great, storyline was average, not something I will watch again though

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Yoda » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:29 am

CadensDad wrote:Raging Bull -6/10

I lead a sheltered life so I have never seen it before, but it was not as good as I have hoped. Acting was good but not great, storyline was average, not something I will watch again though

Oh man are you serious? One of my favorite sports movies all time.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:42 pm

Yoda wrote:

I thought Raging Bull was excellent but I didn't really care too much for the last 20 minutes or so.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby CadensDad » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:02 pm

Yoda wrote:

Yes I am, I had much higher hopes for this movie based on it's ranking as sports movies. but I just didn't get the hype

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:49 pm

District 9: 7/10 with a flickering of an 8.

I really thought Sharlto Copley was brilliant. He ran the freakin' gamut in acting skills and probably will haul in some hardware later this year. MAybe not from the academy but from other places. His performance had me not even noticing the aforementioned slow parts. I never noticed that the movie dragged on. A very interesting story was being laid out and I was intrigued. It had a Children of Men vibe to it and someone eles earlier said Cloverfield, which I didn't see.

I just read all the posts a few pages back and agree there are some holes. My big one is why did they even come here and why the hell were they all scared when we (Earthlings) entered the mothership? And who exactly made them scared like that? Oh, and how the heck did Nigerians end up in South Africa and imbedded into District 9? On purpose to keep the prawns down? (Loved the "hyped up on Fancy Feast" line. But it was "Puddi".)

Loved the ending where the Copley character was on a garbage heap making a flower. I had to ask my wife what was up with that and she had to explain it was him. Duh.

Definite sequel coming when CJ returns...or if his son does.

I also thought of the name Christopher in reference to the patron saint of safe travel. Perhaps that alien was the "leader" to shepherd them to another world.

Cool movie.
Last edited by Y`s Guy on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 276)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby CadensDad » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:00 pm

61*
9/10 This could be my new favorite sports movie, I really enjoyed the action and love how they portrayed the Yankee fans. Good movie
Last edited by CadensDad on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:57 pm

CadensDad wrote:61*
9/10 This could be my new favorite sports movie, I really enjoyed the action and love how they betrayed the Yankee fans. Good movie

portrayed?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:17 am

finally saw District 9...went to dinner and a movie with the wife, and we were supposed to go see The Time Traveling Wife or whatever it's called because she say we only ever go see movies i want to see (which is true, because i think paying $20 to go see some rom-com is a waste and we can rent it on DVD [which usually we dont because i still dont want to see it so i wait for her to rent it when i go to a ball game...or she can go see those movies with her mom or something]...anyway, i think the last movie i took her to see was Twilight). anyway, after dinner we would have had about 2 hours to kill before her movie so she said lets just go see District 9 ;-D

i liked it...for sci-fi the way it was shot made it seem very believable to me...
8/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk