Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Old_Style » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:14 am

The Prestige - 7.5/10

Nice twist at the end. It caught me off guard. I'll probably give it another viewing.

By the way, Martin Scorsese won for best director. ;-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:25 am

Simulacrum wrote:3 oscars so far for Pan's Labyrinth.. maybe it's time you guys gave it a shot. B-)

Yeah highest ranking I've given in this thread so far. I want to watch it again when it comes out on DVD.

Babel 8/10 - It was a great storyline about people suffering in different ways. Very depressing but worth watching at least once. Someone said it was the last part of a trilogy or something but I haven't looked into it yet.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:28 am

I thought Ghost Rider was pretty good. Great Special Effects and if u like GR, like i did, i thought it was pretty good. Cage was the wrong actor to be playing it, but Eva made up for him :-b , i would give it a 8/10
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BritSox » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:33 am

I've seen A.I. That means that for anything else to get a one, it has to have Jennifer Lopez in or something equally heinous.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:24 am

KPucks wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:3 oscars so far for Pan's Labyrinth.. maybe it's time you guys gave it a shot. B-)

Pan's Labyrinth was very good. I'd give it a 8/10.

i saw it too, it was awesome. i think i gave it a 9/10...a second viewing and i may give it a 10/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:39 am

Watched Flags of our Fathers last night. It was tough to watch after reading the book. Interesting, because it was very accurate to the book, except for a couple things. I think they could have developed the fight on Iwo better, but it was a well done movie.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J35J » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:55 am

Saw Ghost Rider last weekend.... If Eva wasn't in the movie its probably a 3 but since she was I'll give it a 5 out of 10.

.... not a very good movie....
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:48 pm

Cu's rating post brought to mind quite possibly the worst movie I have ever seen. About 2 years ago, Sci-fi used to put out a crappy original every two weeks (or it seemed like it), and one of the movies was called Mansquito. Think about that one for a second.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:28 pm

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:Cu's rating post brought to mind quite possibly the worst movie I have ever seen. About 2 years ago, Sci-fi used to put out a crappy original every two weeks (or it seemed like it), and one of the movies was called Mansquito. Think about that one for a second.

it cant be worse than Joe's Apartment...it just cant

Troll 2 is the best worst movie of all time
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Pacman » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:42 pm

I rented "Thank You For Smoking" the other night, because a family member raved about it and insisted my wife and I see it.

It was bad. Not funny, not particularly clever, with a horribly flawed plot.

I won't spoil anything by going into details, other than to say, a person as media-savvy as the lead character would NEVER make as stupid a mistake as he did (with Katie Holmes).

I would not recommend this movie to anyone.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk