Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun May 31, 2009 3:43 pm

American Psycho - 7/10
Very entertaining, had some good social commentary, but I wasn't crazy about the ending.

The Matrix - 8.5/10
The Matrix Reloaded - 6/10
The Matrix Revolutions - 6.5/10

I had seen the first two, but never the third, so I re-watched both before watching the third. I think I'm in the minority in liking the third better than the second. Both of the sequels suffered from having fight/battle scenes last way too long, but there was enough mythology that I still enjoyed them. Although I need to specifically mention how despicable the huge sweaty mosh pit/grinding scene in the 2nd one was.

The Green Mile - 8/10
It's no Shawshank but it was still very good. Maybe a bit longer than necessary, but overall a very good film.

A Clockwork Orange - 6/10
This is probably a love/hate film, and it just wasn't for me. The plot was fairly interesting but there should have been more time dedicated to after the treatment instead of before it. Also there was just a lot of uncomfortableness, with the dialogue and time wasted watching people not really doing anything.

W. - 7/10
An interesting look behind the scenes of our last President. I enjoyed the scenes of him and his administration discussing Iraq the best, but the flashbacks were entertaining and enlightening as well. Although it's important to note that most of the scenes weren't really what happened, but based on true information.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:14 am

Bedtime Stories: 4/10
Not bad to watch with the kid but not very good.

Angels and Demons: 8/10
I really liked it. Fast paced and fun movie.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:01 am

Body of Lies 7/10

pretty nice intelligence/middle east war type movie. it jumped into the action very quickly and looked awesome on blu-ray.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:56 am

Reign Over Me (2007) 7.5/10

I liked it.
Some of it reminded me of when I left school in a way. ;-D

Adam Sandler played his character well ;-)

Jumper (2008) 6.5/10

Interesting, but I was disappointed in the same old "I've got to save my girlfriend" aspects of it, and the fact that it was an obvious prequel/sequel/whatever.

I would watch the next one only if the same quality of actors are in it. It wouldn't want to go all "1980s sequel" on us. :-t
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:05 pm

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button starting a 3 hour movie at 9:30 PM probably wasnt the best idea, because i kept falling asleep...but as boring as it was i probably would have dozed off had i slammed a case of red bull at 3 PM and tried watching it
6/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:39 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:The Curious Case of Benjamin Button starting a 3 hour movie at 9:30 PM probably wasnt the best idea, because i kept falling asleep...but as boring as it was i probably would have dozed off had i slammed a case of red bull at 3 PM and tried watching it
6/10

Really? I liked it. I dunno how much higher I would have ranked it but I thought it was OK. :-?
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jlm53089 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:07 pm

SlumDog Millionaire 7.5/10
I see why it won Oscars and why everybody liked it.
I thought it was a solid movie, but nothing ground breaking.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:28 pm

I had some down time today and caught Slumdog Millionaire. This was my second time watching it, but I reckon it was a lot less enjoyable the second time around than I would think in giving films a second go. It's a nice feel-good story but I wish it didn't have to unravel in the cliche final 25-30 minutes as it did. I would've said 6.5/10 on the first go and for the second, I'll say 5.5/10 is more accurate with the way I viewed it. Had a ton of promise, though I feel Slumdog could've been a lot more interesting than it really was.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby Inukchuk » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:19 am

Caught the Hangover on Friday night. Hilarious. I was actually tearing up during the end credits, I was laughing so hard. I don't understand why Zack Galifianakis isn't in more stuff.

9/10 One of the 10 funniest movies I've seen, I think.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Has anyone seen Up yet?

I'm partial to the occasional animated film and Pixar seems to hit more often than they miss. But the premise of this movie seems excessively ridiculous. A man sailing around the world in his flying house supported by a bunch of balloons?? IDK what to make of that.

The early reviews are overwhelmingly positive, but that's often the case with animated films as the visuals are, and should be, better than other animated films they've seen in the past.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk