Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat May 23, 2009 10:17 am

Lola Rennt (Run Lola Run) - i had always wanted to see this...it was pretty good. without giving too much away Lola's (Franka Potente) BF owes some money to some bad dudes in 20 minutes or he's toast, so she sets out to help...it all takes place in real time, and you get to see 3 different outcomes that show how just a minor change can impact all the other events and impact the ending
8/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Sat May 23, 2009 10:25 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:Lola Rennt (Run Lola Run) - i had always wanted to see this...it was pretty good. without giving too much away Lola's (Franka Potente) BF owes some money to some bad dudes in 20 minutes or he's toast, so she sets out to help...it all takes place in real time, and you get to see 3 different outcomes that show how just a minor change can impact all the other events and impact the ending
8/10

That was a pretty good movie. Kinda strange, but good.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby AussieDodger » Sat May 23, 2009 12:50 pm

Wonderland 7.5/10

I love "period" pieces about the '70s and '80s.
This one showed Holmes as a snivelling little drug-addict weasel. Very interesting.

Hot Rod 4/10

Not boring, not amazing either.
Gets 3 for Isla Fisher, and 1 for Mr JIMP and his buddy.

I also watched the first three Rambos back-to-back-to-back a couple of weeks ago and would review them thusly.....

Rambo 1: Really good, would watch again
Rambo 2: Totally ghey, cheap looking and stupid
Rambo 3: Not great, but coming on the heels of 2 was at least watchable.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat May 23, 2009 1:13 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Lola Rennt (Run Lola Run) - i had always wanted to see this...it was pretty good. without giving too much away Lola's (Franka Potente) BF owes some money to some bad dudes in 20 minutes or he's toast, so she sets out to help...it all takes place in real time, and you get to see 3 different outcomes that show how just a minor change can impact all the other events and impact the ending
8/10

We watched that in German class a few years ago and I was shocked to find out later it was a semi-popular movie.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun May 24, 2009 12:22 pm

Blade Runner - 4/10
I read great things about this, but it was extremely disappointing. There was potential in the story, but it just moved so slow. Some scenes were really unbearable.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CadensDad » Sun May 24, 2009 1:07 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Blade Runner - 4/10
I read great things about this, but it was extremely disappointing. There was potential in the story, but it just moved so slow. Some scenes were really unbearable.

You rated this movie to high, you are very generous

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CadensDad » Sun May 24, 2009 1:10 pm

The Godfather Part I
7/10 I enjoyed this movie very much, (First time seeing it.) I did get lost a few times with the people in the movie and what not but really enjoyed the ending. Can't wait to see part 2.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun May 24, 2009 1:46 pm

CadensDad wrote:

You guys are insane. Bladerunner is one of the best movies ever.

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun May 24, 2009 2:55 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
CadensDad wrote:

You guys are insane. Bladerunner is one of the best movies ever.

+1
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby bigh0rt » Sun May 24, 2009 2:59 pm

Stuff I've seen recently...

The Wrestler - 7/10
It would have been a 6 had it not been for Marisa Tomei looking incredible naked for most of the movie. I was really pumped for this as a huge wrestling fan growing up and with all its praise, etc. but I was let down. I didn't really care nearly as much about Randy as I'm sure the movie wanted me to.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 7/10
I was entertained for what it was. Good action with a story decent enough to fill in the gaps between the action. I've never read a comic in my life so I don't know nor care for the life of me how 'accurate' it was. The Weapon XI was pretty lame, but Gambit was pretty bad ass so that made up for it. Worth seeing for mindless action and nostalgia, or if you're a fan of the other X-Men movies...

Terminator Salvation - 7/10
Almost everything re: X-Men applies here. Good action. Worth seeing if you're a Terminator fan, for the nostalgia, etc. The parachute chick was real hot.

PS - Bladerunner was incredible.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 359)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk