Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby CadensDad » Mon May 18, 2009 11:56 pm

urbanbreez wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Upon further investigation, it was Waiting...

Horrible movie.

you'd never say that if you'd worked even a day inside a restaurant. Wait till someone does the batwing to you :-b

Yeah, and not to mention if you've ever worked in one you can relate one person you worked with with one person from the movie

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue May 19, 2009 8:35 am

CadensDad wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Upon further investigation, it was Waiting...

Horrible movie.

you'd never say that if you'd worked even a day inside a restaurant. Wait till someone does the batwing to you :-b

Yeah, and not to mention if you've ever worked in one you can relate one person you worked with with one person from the movie

I don't know why you guys would assume I've never worked in a restaurant. I spent six year working in restaurants between the time I was 14 and 23. Doesn't change the fact that the movie sucked.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby urbanbreez » Tue May 19, 2009 6:24 pm

because you are the first person in recorded history to have both worked in a restaurant and hate that movie. :-b
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CadensDad » Tue May 19, 2009 7:44 pm

urbanbreez wrote:because you are the first person in recorded history to have both worked in a restaurant and hate that movie. :-b

QFT

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri May 22, 2009 5:19 pm

I didn't like this movie much, but I thought this was pretty incredible. I mean, no makeup at all?!?! I didn't know they could do all that with CGI.

"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby bigh0rt » Fri May 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Heh, that's awesome.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 354)

Postby jlm53089 » Fri May 22, 2009 5:54 pm

Terminator: Salvation 6/10

Should be lower, but lots of things blow up.
I was very let down, and feel lit went against the Terminator way.

:-t
Poor Acting
Poor Story

Anton Yelchin is the only thing I really liked about this movie.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri May 22, 2009 11:06 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:The Usual Suspects - 7/10
It probably didn't help that I dozed off at one point, but that doesn't speak well for the movie either. Good twist at the end, otherwise it was good, but nothing special.

American Beauty - 9/10
Just an all around very enjoyable movie. Great characters and dialogue.

wow its kind of eerie how you reviewed these two movies. i tried to watch the usual suspects like 4 times and dozed off each time at a different time. its not that it was boring or anything, just felt asleep each time. but i ended up catching the ending and it was a pretty nice twist but it sort of ruined the movie for me.

i've seen american beauty a couple times and each time i think i enjoyed it more than the previous time. the first time i watched it, was probably about 7 or 8 years ago and i loved it just on the surface. the acting, the humor, etc...the 2nd time i watched it, i realized how awesome the cinematography was. probably my favorite shot film of all time. of course shooting a movie like saving private ryan, braveheart, the dark knight etc is way more flashy and exciting, but just the simple scenes of dinner, bedrooms, work, etc...we actually watched american beauty in a film class i took in college and most people didnt see the perfection of it. also, the music was incredible as well. ill end my love rant now. :*) obviously a perfect 10/10 for me.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IllinoisBandit » Fri May 22, 2009 11:12 pm

jlm53089 wrote:Terminator: Salvation 6/10

Should be lower, but lots of things blow up.
I was very let down, and feel lit went against the Terminator way.

:-t
Poor Acting
Poor Story

Anton Yelchin is the only thing I really liked about this movie.

Ya, bit of a letdown for me as well. It was a hell of a lot better than the new X-Men that I wasted $10 and 2 hours of my life on the week before, though. Plus I got the added joy of trying to explain the intricacies of time travel to the girl sitting next to me- which is pretty much impossible. Anyway, stuff went boom and it was somewhat enjoyable on the big screen, but I'm sure I'll never watch it again. 6/10
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri May 22, 2009 11:43 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i've seen american beauty a couple times and each time i think i enjoyed it more than the previous time. the first time i watched it, was probably about 7 or 8 years ago and i loved it just on the surface. the acting, the humor, etc...the 2nd time i watched it, i realized how awesome the cinematography was. probably my favorite shot film of all time. of course shooting a movie like saving private ryan, braveheart, the dark knight etc is way more flashy and exciting, but just the simple scenes of dinner, bedrooms, work, etc...we actually watched american beauty in a film class i took in college and most people didnt see the perfection of it. also, the music was incredible as well. ill end my love rant now. :*) obviously a perfect 10/10 for me.

Interesting, I watched American Beauty a few years ago and thought it was good but nothing spectacular. After reading this, I might have to watch it again.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk