100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby CadensDad » Sun May 17, 2009 2:16 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
jfg wrote:Finding Nemo: 1/10

I love Disney movies but this is one of the worst movies I've ever seen and I really don't get how people like it. Everything classic about Disney is lost here- there weren't any songs, the characters weren't all that great and the story was boring. It felt more like a comedy routine than a timeless story. I don't mind Pixar because I thought Ratatouille, Toy Story and Monsters Inc. were all good but this absolutely stunk.

Finding Nemo isn't a Disney movie, it's a Pixar movie (Yes, I know Disney owns Pixar, but they still aren't the same thing). Disney movies have songs, Pixar movies do not. Finding Nemo definitely isn't one of the best Pixar movies, but it's still very, very good and is in no way deserving of a 1 imo.

Yeah, I've seen it like 175 times with Caden, it's way better than a 1, at least a 6. It is actually a funny movie (For a kids movie.) The storyline is a bit "lame" but it is a kid's movie.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Sun May 17, 2009 7:21 am

Unsurprisingly, Pixar's next movie "Up" is getting great early reviews. I can't wait.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby mweir145 » Sun May 17, 2009 7:27 am

jfg wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
jfg wrote:Finding Nemo: 1/10

I love Disney movies but this is one of the worst movies I've ever seen and I really don't get how people like it. Everything classic about Disney is lost here- there weren't any songs, the characters weren't all that great and the story was boring. It felt more like a comedy routine than a timeless story. I don't mind Pixar because I thought Ratatouille, Toy Story and Monsters Inc. were all good but this absolutely stunk.

Finding Nemo isn't a Disney movie, it's a Pixar movie (Yes, I know Disney owns Pixar, but they still aren't the same thing). Disney movies have songs, Pixar movies do not. Finding Nemo definitely isn't one of the best Pixar movies, but it's still very, very good and is in no way deserving of a 1 imo.

I hope Disney is getting back on track with Princess and the Frog and Rapunzel, but I do think they devoted all their energy or maybe money in this case to Pixar movies for the past 10+ years. You could argue that there hasn't been a real so called "Disney Masterpiece" since Tarzan in 1999 even though Disney claims they've made 6 since then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Di ... d_features

I remember liking The Emperor's New Groove, but it looks like they've taken a serious step down since the 90s.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun May 17, 2009 3:43 pm

The Usual Suspects - 7/10
It probably didn't help that I dozed off at one point, but that doesn't speak well for the movie either. Good twist at the end, otherwise it was good, but nothing special.

American Beauty - 9/10
Just an all around very enjoyable movie. Great characters and dialogue.

Pulp Fiction - 7.5/10
I didn't like it as much while I was watching it but it's grown on me as I think about it. Could have gone without the annoying woman Bruce Willis was with, but Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta more than made up for it. The scene where Jackson interrogates Brett is one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed.

Cast Away - 7/10
I couldn't deal with 9 months of no LOST, so I decided to watch this. Hanks on the island made the movie. I can't stand Helen Hunt so as bad as I felt for Hanks' character, I didn't care that much. I was more upset about Wilson floating away, which is another testament to the movie, that it can make you care about a volleyball.

Equilibrium - 3.5/10
I'm very tired of this premise, maybe because we had to read a number of books about it last year in English, but it's unoriginal and there's only so many things you can do with it. Christian Bale being basically invincible also removed a lot of suspense.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon May 18, 2009 10:27 am

I watched some stupid movie that was on Comedy Central over the weekend. I actually don't even remember what it was called, but it was horrible. I'd give it a two, it may be worth a three if you see the unedited version. It was about a restaurant or something. Whatever it's called, don't watch it.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon May 18, 2009 10:31 am

Art Vandelay wrote:I watched some stupid movie that was on Comedy Central over the weekend. I actually don't even remember what it was called, but it was horrible. I'd give it a two, it may be worth a three if you see the unedited version. It was about a restaurant or something. Whatever it's called, don't watch it.

was it Waiting :-?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon May 18, 2009 10:35 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I watched some stupid movie that was on Comedy Central over the weekend. I actually don't even remember what it was called, but it was horrible. I'd give it a two, it may be worth a three if you see the unedited version. It was about a restaurant or something. Whatever it's called, don't watch it.

was it Waiting :-?

I honestly have no idea. It had the guy from Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place. And the guy that was the sports anchor on Anchorman.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby krunchyfrogg » Mon May 18, 2009 10:45 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Star Trek 10/10

Live long and prosper bitches!

Definitely. I loved this film.

10/10
Looking forward to back to back championships in 2011!
krunchyfrogg
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon May 18, 2009 11:03 am

Upon further investigation, it was Waiting...

Horrible movie.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Mon May 18, 2009 11:28 am

Quantum of Solace = 5/10

This was my least-favorite Bond movie since the Timothy Dalton Bonds. It was choppy, too similar to the last Bond flick with the crazy high-wire foot chases and such. It seemed like they left too much of the movie on the cutting room floor or something. The plot was barely barely fleshed out and the dialogue was difficult to follow. I work with people with accents all the time and even still I had great difficulty hearing what some of the characters were saying. The plot was contrived and seemed very artificial. Here's hoping the next one is better. I like Daniels as Bond...
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk