Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat May 16, 2009 3:08 pm

taken is fine. no need to take away man card. its the girl's fault for lying about going to paris.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sat May 16, 2009 3:14 pm

Jokes aside... We are miles apart opinion-wise. I really think that the acting in this film is one of the things that sets it apart from most action flicks. ;-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jfg » Sat May 16, 2009 3:23 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
jfg wrote:Finding Nemo: 1/10

I love Disney movies but this is one of the worst movies I've ever seen and I really don't get how people like it. Everything classic about Disney is lost here- there weren't any songs, the characters weren't all that great and the story was boring. It felt more like a comedy routine than a timeless story. I don't mind Pixar because I thought Ratatouille, Toy Story and Monsters Inc. were all good but this absolutely stunk.

Finding Nemo isn't a Disney movie, it's a Pixar movie (Yes, I know Disney owns Pixar, but they still aren't the same thing). Disney movies have songs, Pixar movies do not. Finding Nemo definitely isn't one of the best Pixar movies, but it's still very, very good and is in no way deserving of a 1 imo.

I hope Disney is getting back on track with Princess and the Frog and Rapunzel, but I do think they devoted all their energy or maybe money in this case to Pixar movies for the past 10+ years. You could argue that there hasn't been a real so called "Disney Masterpiece" since Tarzan in 1999 even though Disney claims they've made 6 since then.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat May 16, 2009 3:55 pm

Wolverine - i was a huge Wolverine fan as a kid...this movie was a big bowl of "meh". a few decent action scenes, but nothing great. the CGI was pretty bad for the most part too. story was also kind of lame...wish i would have went and seen Star Trek instead
6/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat May 16, 2009 5:58 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:

I love Disney movies but this is one of the worst movies I've ever seen and I really don't get how people like it. Everything classic about Disney is lost here- there weren't any songs, the characters weren't all that great and the story was boring. It felt more like a comedy routine than a timeless story. I don't mind Pixar because I thought Ratatouille, Toy Story and Monsters Inc. were all good but this absolutely stunk.

Finding Nemo isn't a Disney movie, it's a Pixar movie (Yes, I know Disney owns Pixar, but they still aren't the same thing). Disney movies have songs, Pixar movies do not. Finding Nemo definitely isn't one of the best Pixar movies, but it's still very, very good and is in no way deserving of a 1 imo.

WALL-E > Finding Nemo

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat May 16, 2009 6:08 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

WALL-E > Finding Nemo

meh, it's close.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby josebach » Sat May 16, 2009 6:15 pm

Metroid wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
Metroid wrote:[TAKEN]...I really don't get all the praise...

OK. Please check your Man Card at the door on your way out... :-D

It was OK but I mean come on....really? I love a good action flick as much as the next guy but this was mostly miss. There were a few good ass kicking scenes surrounded by mostly...garbage to be totally honest. If I had to rank the top 100 spy/action flicks of all time I doubt it would even make the list. Good fight scenes and unbelievable high-speed car chases does not make up for bad acting and an even worse story....OK well somethmes it does, but this time it didn't. :-b

That almost exactly summarizes how I feel.

"You're going to be taken" "You have 5 seconds until they come".

Wait, say what? How in the HELL could you have known that from 5,000 miles away? :-?

I agree with Met's review completely. I have no idea why that movie made 100 million in the theaters.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat May 16, 2009 6:38 pm

Star Trek 10/10

Live long and prosper bitches!
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Warpigs » Sat May 16, 2009 7:35 pm

Has anyone seen Pride and Glory, with Edward Norton? What is everyone's opinion of that?
Warpigs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby josebach » Sat May 16, 2009 8:15 pm

Warpigs wrote:Has anyone seen Pride and Glory, with Edward Norton? What is everyone's opinion of that?

Considering I like Edward Norton and Colin Farrell, I was pretty disappointed. It was boring and forgettable.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk