Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby AussieDodger » Wed May 13, 2009 12:03 pm

Amazinz wrote:I think Neil Patrick Harris could be like Keanu Reeves' Robin. The movies these two could make together would be like sweet celluloid love.

Hopefully Doogie has enough money to not have to lower himself to that level.

A more fitting partner for Keanu would be Screech. :-?
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Wed May 13, 2009 8:42 pm

Star Trek - 9/10

I've never seen the show but I've been hearing such good things about this movie that I felt compelled to go see it. I'm glad I did. I really can't think of anything bad to say about it. The acting is good, the storyline is great, and the visual effects were incredible.

Go see it.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby mweir145 » Wed May 13, 2009 11:05 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Batoru Rowaiaru (Battle Royale): 9/10
Somebody recommended this to me years ago, and I finally got around to seeing it. This violent Japanese film about a "survival game" is just awesome. The messages are also much deeper than I expected they'd be. See it, you won't be disappointed.

saw it a few years ago...good stuff ;-D

if you liked that and havent seen Lik Wong (AKA Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky ) you might want to check it out (a little more over the top though)

A young man with superhuman strength is incarcerated at a prison run by corrupt officials and seeks to use his martial arts to clean up the system

FYI...if you've ever seen the Man Show opening credits where some guy gets his whole head exploded it's from that movie

Thanks, I'm always looking for more movies.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Sat May 16, 2009 1:49 pm

The Prestige - 8.5/10

Very entertaining. Kept me guessing until the last few minutes.

Jumper - 5/10

Just an all-around terrible movie IMO. Paladin's killing Jumpers because they're jealous of their powers...please. Along with the weak storyline, the acting was sub-par as well. After about the first 20 minutes (which I enjoyed) it was all downhill.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Metroid » Sat May 16, 2009 2:23 pm

Watched Taken last night....I really don't get all the praise. I mean it was entertaining but some people made it out to be a lot better than it was. I love Liam Neeson but his character was just kinda...meh, and the girl that played his daughter is just an awful actress, I know she wasn't on screen much but when she was I just cringed. Too much of all the characters background was either assumed or completely unknown and how Neeson's character got from point: A to point: B was totally unbelievable...or at least unexplained. I don't need to have my hand held through a movie but this one seemed to be lacking A LOT of depth and detail. Like I said entertaining....doubt I'll watch it again though.

Also watched Notorious. I like Bio-flicks and this one was pretty good. Pretty genuine to Biggie's story, and to the East Coast/West Coast rap scene during the late 80s and 90s. The actors left something to be desired at times. The main actor looked like Biggie somewhat I guess...but more of like a baby-faced, Fat Albert version. The actor that played 2-Pac...not even close, and while the actor that played Puffy had his dance movements down, he missed too. Lil Kim's character was the most believable...and had nice boobies to boot. I also wish they would have just lip synced Biggie's music instead of having the character do it....he did not to it justice to say the least. Overall good watch. ;-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jfg » Sat May 16, 2009 2:29 pm

Finding Nemo: 1/10

I love Disney movies but this is one of the worst movies I've ever seen and I really don't get how people like it. Everything classic about Disney is lost here- there weren't any songs, the characters weren't all that great and the story was boring. It felt more like a comedy routine than a timeless story. I don't mind Pixar because I thought Ratatouille, Toy Story and Monsters Inc. were all good but this absolutely stunk.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby Amazinz » Sat May 16, 2009 2:35 pm

Metroid wrote:[TAKEN]...I really don't get all the praise...

OK. Please check your Man Card at the door on your way out... :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Sat May 16, 2009 2:49 pm

jfg wrote:Finding Nemo: 1/10

I love Disney movies but this is one of the worst movies I've ever seen and I really don't get how people like it. Everything classic about Disney is lost here- there weren't any songs, the characters weren't all that great and the story was boring. It felt more like a comedy routine than a timeless story. I don't mind Pixar because I thought Ratatouille, Toy Story and Monsters Inc. were all good but this absolutely stunk.

My g/f watched this last year, and I half-listened to it from the study.

All I remember hearing from it (constantly) was "Neeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmoooooooooooooooooo" and "Wooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" for an hour +.

Didn't even sound like it had a story, just sounded like someone had made a movie of some random people going down a water slide. :-t
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat May 16, 2009 2:53 pm

jfg wrote:Finding Nemo: 1/10

Finding Nemo isn't a Disney movie, it's a Pixar movie (Yes, I know Disney owns Pixar, but they still aren't the same thing). Disney movies have songs, Pixar movies do not. Finding Nemo definitely isn't one of the best Pixar movies, but it's still very, very good and is in no way deserving of a 1 imo.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Metroid » Sat May 16, 2009 2:59 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Metroid wrote:[TAKEN]...I really don't get all the praise...

OK. Please check your Man Card at the door on your way out... :-D

It was OK but I mean come on....really? I love a good action flick as much as the next guy but this was mostly miss. There were a few good ass kicking scenes surrounded by mostly...garbage to be totally honest. If I had to rank the top 100 spy/action flicks of all time I doubt it would even make the list. Good fight scenes and unbelievable high-speed car chases does not make up for bad acting and an even worse story....OK well somethmes it does, but this time it didn't. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk