Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby gogogadget » Mon May 04, 2009 10:38 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:Wakko's Wish - 10/10

omg such a good movie

tease. I like watching good movies I have never heard of before, looked this one up and was dissapointed. :-b
gogogadget
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed May 06, 2009 11:02 am

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - 8/10 - It was very good, but I never really liked Daisy. SPOILERS It was also irritating listening to dieing Daisy talk.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Neato Torpedo » Wed May 06, 2009 12:01 pm

gogogadget wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:Wakko's Wish - 10/10

omg such a good movie

tease. I like watching good movies I have never heard of before, looked this one up and was dissapointed. :-b

Hater. :-b

"There's two kinds of people in the world: those that like Animaniacs, and those that don't like Animaniacs. Which one are you?"

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Inukchuk » Wed May 06, 2009 12:15 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:
gogogadget wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
omg such a good movie

Hater. :-b

"There's two kinds of people in the world: those that like Animaniacs, and those that don't like Animaniacs. Which one are you?"

My guess is the non dorky one... ;-)

I caught Wolverine Origins last night. If you're one of those people that gets irritated if the movie isn't true to the book, you won't be too happy. I myself don't mind and thought it was good, but not great. Action scenes were very good.

6.5/10
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Wed May 06, 2009 12:18 pm

Seven Pounds - 8/10

This is the type of movie you're either going to really like or really dislike. A few guys I spoke with hated it, but I wanted to see it anyways. I'm glad I did. Will Smith was great as always and the story was a touching one.

I'd recommend it.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat May 09, 2009 6:45 pm

Origins: Wolverine 6/10

Never really followed the X-Men. Wolverine was really bad-ass in the movie, and Gambit was alright, but everyone else was boring. 90% of the movie was "Watch out, Logan's pissed off!!"

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Amazinz » Sun May 10, 2009 3:20 pm

I went to see She-Hulk this afternoon and it was awesome!

No, I kid. It was Star Trek and it really was awesome. 8/10. Definitely lived up to the hype for me. This is a great surprise because up until all the positive reviews started pouring in I expected this film to be a monumental failure. Bottom line is that unless you are an extreme Trek nerd who frets over canon, you are going to love it (I think). I'm a long time Trek fan and enjoyed myself too much to really care about the changes.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IllinoisBandit » Sun May 10, 2009 6:43 pm

Amazinz wrote:I went to see She-Hulk this afternoon and it was awesome!

No, I kid. It was Star Trek and it really was awesome. 8/10. Definitely lived up to the hype for me. This is a great surprise because up until all the positive reviews started pouring in I expected this film to be a monumental failure. Bottom line is that unless you are an extreme Trek nerd who frets over canon, you are going to love it (I think). I'm a long time Trek fan and enjoyed myself too much to really care about the changes.

Ya, I loved it too. Probably one of the funnest movies I've seen in a long time. The story is painfully weak (weak protagonist, loopholes, cameo that borders on corny, characters fit neatly into their boxes) - but you never really care. The pace and action are phenomenal. And as reviews have pointed out - the casting was perfect.

The question is: how can any sequel spawning from this group be anything but an epic flop?
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun May 10, 2009 7:05 pm

I've been trying to watch a movie every night instead of staying up until 3 am refreshing espn.com, so this is going about a week back. I haven't seen most of the movies that people consider to be classics, so I've been picking movies from the IMDb top 250.

Memento - 8/10 - Cool way of telling the story, and a good twist ending. I've yet to see a Christopher Nolan movie that I didn't really enjoy.

Donnie Darko - 7/10 - I was a little confused by the ending but eventually it made sense after reading some stuff online. Solid story, no complaints.

American History X - 9/10 - Phenomenal story, Edward Norton was outstanding. You know a movie was great when you actually care about a character who did what he did in the opening scene.

The Boondock Saints - 5/10 - I can see why some people would like it but it just didn't strike a chord with me. I didn't really care about any of the characters.

The Shawshank Redemption - 9.5/10 - My dad had raved about this one for a long time, and I can see why. Just an all around amazing movie.
Last edited by teddy ballgame on Sun May 10, 2009 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sun May 10, 2009 7:16 pm

Nice movie run there teddy. I own all those short of Boondock Saints which I think is a little overrated, I liked it but really it was just OK. :-?
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk