Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:47 pm

Just watched the Mike Tyson documentary. He's one of the most fascinating figures of the late-20th early-21st century. Somehow, despite it all, he's a sympathetic figure to me. By the end of his telling of the 2nd Holyfield fight, I wanted to bite his ear off myself. I guess I'll always ride for Iron Mike. Great documentary.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby phillyphan12 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:01 pm

Hey this is totally offtopic but i just saw AussieDodger`s new sig paying tribute to Adenhart on the previous page and just wanna give him a ;-D for the effort to pay tribute to the rookie Angels staring pitcher...RIP
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:02 pm

phillyphan12 wrote:Hey this is totally offtopic but i just saw AussieDodger`s new sig paying tribute to Adenhart on the previous page and just wanna give him a ;-D for the effort to pay tribute to the rookie Angels staring pitcher...RIP

wickedsmaat made it and quite a few people are sporting it. it's in the thread in leftovers if you want to wear it as well.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:06 pm

The Spirit - 2/10

Watched this last night and noticed some discussion about it on the last few pages. It was pretty bad. A sub-par cliche comic book story that was visually unappealing. I get what they were going for with the animation but it was just not enjoyable to look at. Well, except for Scarlett. :-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:03 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Just watched the Mike Tyson documentary. He's one of the most fascinating figures of the late-20th early-21st century. Somehow, despite it all, he's a sympathetic figure to me. By the end of his telling of the 2nd Holyfield fight, I wanted to bite his ear off myself. I guess I'll always ride for Iron Mike. Great documentary.

I'd like to check that out. Did you rent it or was it on tv? I've been intrigued by Iron Mike for awhile. Like you mentioned, he's sympathetic and psychotic almost simultaneously. On a side note, I found a bunch of videos of him training and was blown away over how fast and vicious he was. Check out the second one down. It starts out slow but picks up at the 50 second mark...

http://www.mike-tyson.info/videos.htm
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:28 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Just watched the Mike Tyson documentary. He's one of the most fascinating figures of the late-20th early-21st century. Somehow, despite it all, he's a sympathetic figure to me. By the end of his telling of the 2nd Holyfield fight, I wanted to bite his ear off myself. I guess I'll always ride for Iron Mike. Great documentary.

I'd like to check that out. Did you rent it or was it on tv? I've been intrigued by Iron Mike for awhile. Like you mentioned, he's sympathetic and psychotic almost simultaneously. On a side note, I found a bunch of videos of him training and was blown away over how fast and vicious he was. Check out the second one down. It starts out slow but picks up at the 50 second mark...

I loved watching him fight, but have a hard time rooting for anyone convicted of the crimes he was.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:08 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:

I loved watching him fight, but have a hard time rooting for anyone convicted of the crimes he was.

I think he was railroaded on the rape charges. Not that that was the only bad thing he's ever been accused of, but it's certainy the worst. Anyway, I can't even really explain it, I've always pulled for him. Even now, I don't want to see him back in the ring, but I hope he's able to find some level of normalcy and happiness.

Here's the link: http://www.megavideo.com/v/UOKLO1Q53945 ... 31fabb777b
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:21 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I think he was railroaded on the rape charges. Not that that was the only bad thing he's ever been accused of, but it's certainy the worst. Anyway, I can't even really explain it, I've always pulled for him. Even now, I don't want to see him back in the ring, but I hope he's able to find some level of normalcy and happiness.

Here's the link: http://www.megavideo.com/v/UOKLO1Q53945 ... 31fabb777b

I don't have a whole lot of tolerance for guys who mistreat women so that's where I stand with him. Like I said, though, loved watching him fight.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby phillyphan12 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:24 pm

Tyson- 9/10 Great documentary about the Iron Man, presented with highlights and him speaking for the entire hr and a half duration. Really changed my opinion of the man, as i now see him as a person with good intentions who had horrible people around him along with his own stupidity in his youth that caused all the many problems he has had in his life.

Def worth a watch ;-D
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:27 pm

Slumdog Millionaire - 10/10
An excellent, excellent movie. Great all around and well deserving of all the acclaim it was given. It's rare that that is the case. The best movie I've seen in quite some time.

I Love You, Man - 8/10
I laughed throughout and thought it was a funny take on relationships, compared to what we're generally given. A lot of laughs from start to finish, and I even laughed at some of the cornier things like all of Peter's attempts at weak ass nicknames.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 359)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk