100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby urbanbreez » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:46 pm

jlm53089 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:Wait... did someone just say Spirit wasn't that bad?????? Might have been the worst movie I've ever seen. To be fair, I didn't see the whole thing because I walked out of the theatre and demanded a refund after sitting through about 10 minutes of Sam Jackson in a Nazi uniform spouting non-sense that made me want to crumble up my poo and throw it at the screen.

i've never seen it and from the reviews in here i probably never will. what blows my mind is how people who are "professionals" in the movie industry allow movies that are so obviously terrible to even get made.

Date Movie, Scary Movie 12, Meet the Spartans, anything with Paris Hilton that isnt a sex tape,etc...

Two words: Teenage Girls.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:49 pm

urbanbreez wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
i've never seen it and from the reviews in here i probably never will. what blows my mind is how people who are "professionals" in the movie industry allow movies that are so obviously terrible to even get made.

Date Movie, Scary Movie 12, Meet the Spartans, anything with Paris Hilton that isnt a sex tape,etc...

Two words: Teenage Girls.

i though the two words would be: Dan Lambskin
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:44 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

indeed, how is it possible that so many of those were made? and how is it possible that ANYONE spent money to go see them, you'd have to pay me a decent amount of money to sit through any of them.

Are you 10 years old? How is it possible that they were made? Date movie $85 million not including DVD. Strangely Meet the Spartans is also $85 million not including DVD. They have no big names in them and cost pennies to make.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:06 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:

indeed, how is it possible that so many of those were made? and how is it possible that ANYONE spent money to go see them, you'd have to pay me a decent amount of money to sit through any of them.

Are you 10 years old? How is it possible that they were made? Date movie $85 million not including DVD. Strangely Meet the Spartans is also $85 million not including DVD. They have no big names in them and cost pennies to make.

lol @ thinking i'm stupid enough that i need you to post that, apparently you didn't quite understand my post. please stop instigating.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby jfg » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:33 pm

Happiness
Storytelling

8-o Funny?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:44 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

lol @ thinking i'm stupid enough that i need you to post that, apparently you didn't quite understand my post. please stop instigating.

Instigating? I'm making candy apples and watching Rescue Heroes.

I've never ever in my entire life instigated. You have never ever in your entire life met anyone more innocent than me.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:49 pm

jfg wrote:
Happiness
Storytelling

8-o Funny?

i enjoy dark comedies
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jlm53089 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:51 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

Instigating? I'm making candy apples and watching Rescue Heroes.

I've never ever in my entire life instigated. You have never ever in your entire life met anyone more innocent than me.

EPIC
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby jfg » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:02 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
jfg wrote:
Happiness
Storytelling

8-o Funny?

i enjoy dark comedies

I enjoyed those movies as well, but I don't think I'd ever call them comedies...
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:04 pm

Dan Lambskin and I have similar taste in comedies, it would seem. Though I'm going to assume that the omission of Dumb and Dumber was accidental, as that's easily a top five comedy. Also Blues Brothers, which is my all-time favorite movie of any genre.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk