Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby UraTroll » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:16 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Quick list of movies funnier than Tropic Thunder and Sarah Marshall in no particular order

Anchorman
Zoolander
Rushmore
Bottle Rocket
Royal Tennebaums
Life Acquatic
that other Wes Anderson movie that wasnt even that funny
Welcome to the Dollhouse
Happiness
Storytelling
History of the World Part 1
Spaceballs
South Park
Orgazmo
Being There (everyone needs to see this if they havent)
Naked Gun 1, 2.5 and even 33.33333333
Best In Show
Major League
Troll 2
Fargo
Big Lebowski
pretty much any Cohen Bros Comedy
Holy Grail
American Pie
Johnny Dangerously

that's all i can think of and i know i missed quite a few

Sarah Marshall and Tropic Thunder are great films and considerably better than any of the films on this list I've seen.

I've seen about half of these, and a lot of these films make no sense. Are we thinking of the same Fargo? That movie isn't even a comedy, it's a drama. History of the World Part 1 was a huge fail, personally I thought History of the World Part 2 was better. Oh wait, there was no part 2 because the first one sucked. They even had a sequel planned in the title but it was such a fail they never made a second. I haven't seen "Life Aquatic," but I think it's safe to say it since it sounds horrible, looks horrible (I googled it), and got horrible reviews it's not as funny Tropic Thunder.
UraTroll
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j24jags » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:24 pm

UraTroll wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:Quick list of movies funnier than Tropic Thunder and Sarah Marshall in no particular order

Anchorman
Zoolander
Rushmore
Bottle Rocket
Royal Tennebaums
Life Acquatic
Welcome to the Dollhouse
Happiness
Storytelling
Spaceballs
South Park
Orgazmo
Best In Show
Major League
Troll 2
Fargo
Big Lebowski
Holy Grail
American Pie
Johnny Dangerously

Sarah Marshall and Tropic Thunder are great films and considerably better than any of the films on this list I've seen.

I've seen about half of these, and a lot of these films make no sense. Are we thinking of the same Fargo? That movie isn't even a comedy, it's a drama. History of the World Part 1 was a huge fail, personally I thought History of the World Part 2 was better. Oh wait, there was no part 2 because the first one sucked. They even had a sequel planned in the title but it was such a fail they never made a second. I haven't seen "Life Aquatic," but I think it's safe to say it since it sounds horrible, looks horrible (I googled it), and got horrible reviews it's not as funny Tropic Thunder.

The only movies on this list that even belong in the same sentence as Sarah Marshall are Zoolander, Anchorman, South Park, the Big Lebowski and Spaceballs.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:50 pm

UraTroll wrote:

Anchorman
Zoolander
Rushmore
Bottle Rocket
Royal Tennebaums
Life Acquatic
Welcome to the Dollhouse
Happiness
Storytelling
Spaceballs
South Park
Orgazmo
Best In Show
Major League
Troll 2
Fargo
Big Lebowski
Holy Grail
American Pie
Johnny Dangerously

Obvious Troll is Obvious

i also forgot to add
Hudson Hawk
Swingers
Showgirls
Howard The Duck
Not Another Teen Movie
The Jerk
Office Space
40 Yr Old Virgin
Old School
Billy Madison
Happy Gilmore
Punch Drunk Love
probably a few others in my collection at home that if i walked by would say "oh yeah, i forgot about that movie but it's funnier than Tropic Thunder and Sarah Marshall"

anyway...to each his own, i just didnt think either of those movies were all that funny
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jlm53089 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:48 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:Spirit isnt THAT bad.
Its a movie you have to understand and I did, its really weird though.
ESPECIALLY Samuel L Jacksons role...

How high were you when you saw it?

Nope completely sober.

I do however wanna see it while Ripped.
That would be boss.
;-D
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Curtis Pride » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:58 pm

I saw Adventureland.

The promos present it as a comedy; it isn't. They present it as some sort of follow-up to Superbad; it isn't. They are nothing alike. You will not laugh. The only remotely funny things are Bill Heder and Kristen Wiig (who have about 5 lines between them) and the kid from the Cingular rollover minutes commercials.

I can't possibly convey how horrible an actress Kristen Stewart is. If you've seen Twilight (you must really like your girlfriend/wife/child) this is not new news to you.

But she is an absolute abomination and should be banned from Hollywood for life.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby urbanbreez » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:28 pm

I Love you, Man. B+/A-

I thought it was going to be lame but nope, it had me laughing more than any comedy I've seen since... I can't recall. I totally recommend it! ;-D

If you can get over the stupid title, you will thank yourself.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby urbanbreez » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:31 pm

Wait... did someone just say Spirit wasn't that bad?????? Might have been the worst movie I've ever seen. To be fair, I didn't see the whole thing because I walked out of the theatre and demanded a refund after sitting through about 10 minutes of Sam Jackson in a Nazi uniform spouting non-sense that made me want to crumble up my poo and throw it at the screen.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:34 pm

urbanbreez wrote:Wait... did someone just say Spirit wasn't that bad?????? Might have been the worst movie I've ever seen. To be fair, I didn't see the whole thing because I walked out of the theatre and demanded a refund after sitting through about 10 minutes of Sam Jackson in a Nazi uniform spouting non-sense that made me want to crumble up my poo and throw it at the screen.

i've never seen it and from the reviews in here i probably never will. what blows my mind is how people who are "professionals" in the movie industry allow movies that are so obviously terrible to even get made.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 430)

Postby jlm53089 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:36 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:Wait... did someone just say Spirit wasn't that bad?????? Might have been the worst movie I've ever seen. To be fair, I didn't see the whole thing because I walked out of the theatre and demanded a refund after sitting through about 10 minutes of Sam Jackson in a Nazi uniform spouting non-sense that made me want to crumble up my poo and throw it at the screen.

i've never seen it and from the reviews in here i probably never will. what blows my mind is how people who are "professionals" in the movie industry allow movies that are so obviously terrible to even get made.

Date Movie, Scary Movie 12, Meet the Spartans, anything with Paris Hilton that isnt a sex tape,etc...
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:39 pm

jlm53089 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

Date Movie, Scary Movie 12, Meet the Spartans, anything with Paris Hilton that isnt a sex tape,etc...

indeed, how is it possible that so many of those were made? and how is it possible that ANYONE spent money to go see them, you'd have to pay me a decent amount of money to sit through any of them.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 430)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk