Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:07 pm

Yeah...Step Brothers was horrible. Forgetting Sarah Marshall how a few funny moments, but ultimately fell short, Superbad probably would have been good when I was 16-years-old (actually, that's probably the case for most of the recent comedies that have come out that everyone has been raving about). And I haven't seen Tropic Thunder.I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but the last movie that I can remember that I really thought was funny--and that was supposed to be funny--was probably Little Miss Sunshine.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:23 pm

Tropic Thunder has to be the most overrated movie ever. It had a few chuckles in it but it was not worth a two hour investment. Superbad was terrible. Forgetting Sarah Marshall was actually terriffic. It was very sweet and funny with some clever moments. I haven't seen step brothers and I have reached my Will Farrell limit.

Little Miss Sunshine was good, same for Thank You for Smoking and Dewey Cox. Mamma Mia was funny for the wrong reasons. King of Kong was pretty funny.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Metroid » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:31 pm

Little Miss Sunshine is a fantastic movie, I really enjoyed it. I liked Tropic Thunder, but if you subtract Robert Downey Jr.'s character the movie is unwatchable. Superbad? Meh....nothing special, I laughed a few times but honestly I don't remember much about....that really isn't a good sign. Forgetting Sarah Marshall was good, I enjoyed it too. And I actually enjoyed Role Models too.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby phillyphan12 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:36 pm

speaking of comedy, i just finished watching some Stand Up by Craig Ferguson...and i guess this qualifies as a movie because i watched it on a website with strictly movies, so im gonna rate it here :-D

Craig Ferguson: A Wee Bit O Revolution 7/10

I`m rating this in regards to stand up comedy, not an actual movie. You may find something you would normally rate 7/10 to be better, just for the fact that its a movie...anyway, i find him to be very funny and even watch his show when im up late at night sometimes, and this certainly wasnt bad. I think i had higher expectations coming in, but he still hits some hilarious lines here.
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:46 pm

Yeah most of the funny movies the last few years have not been funny at all. TT was horrible for the most part.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tavish » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:01 pm

phillyphan12 wrote:speaking of comedy, i just finished watching some Stand Up by Craig Ferguson...and i guess this qualifies as a movie because i watched it on a website with strictly movies, so im gonna rate it here :-D

Craig Ferguson: A Wee Bit O Revolution 7/10

I`m rating this in regards to stand up comedy, not an actual movie. You may find something you would normally rate 7/10 to be better, just for the fact that its a movie...anyway, i find him to be very funny and even watch his show when im up late at night sometimes, and this certainly wasnt bad. I think i had higher expectations coming in, but he still hits some hilarious lines here.

I don't think I've been able to watch more than 5 minutes of his late night show and I've seen those small pieces maybe a dozen times. I can't remember even laughing or anything remotely close to it even once. The last time I watched the start of his monologue I remember thinking "how in the world does this guy still have a show?".

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Amazinz » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:06 pm

I liked Kilborn and when he left, I couldn't stand Craig Ferguson but he has grown on me. He's a lot better now that the other option is Jimmy Fallon. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Inukchuk » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:25 pm

Amazinz wrote:I liked Kilborn and when he left, I couldn't stand Craig Ferguson but he has grown on me. He's a lot better now that the other option is Jimmy Fallon. :-D

Jimmy Fallon is still alive?

I know his career sure isn't... :-P
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby jlm53089 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:32 pm

Comedy is changing.
Just like action.
No more westerns and such.

Now a plot is becoming harder to get, while its all jokes about the same thing.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I liked Kilborn and when he left, I couldn't stand Craig Ferguson but he has grown on me. He's a lot better now that the other option is Jimmy Fallon. :-D

Jimmy Fallon is still alive?

I know his career sure isn't... :-P

How wrong you are, my friend. He took over for Conan on Late Night. How or why I don't know, since I haven't tuned in since Conan went off the air. I'm just happier that soon enough I'll be able to watch Conan at a more reasonable hour.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk