Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:44 pm

i just tell my wife Chick Flicks arent worth seeing on the big screen and we'll rent it on DVD...then when it comes out i say "awww...i dont want to see that...you know i'll just fall asleep...cant we just see [insert movie i want to see]". she's pretty much figured this out so now she'll go see them with my mom or her friends or something
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:57 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i just tell my wife Chick Flicks arent worth seeing on the big screen and we'll rent it on DVD...then when it comes out i say "awww...i dont want to see that...you know i'll just fall asleep...cant we just see [insert movie i want to see]". she's pretty much figured this out so now she'll go see them with my mom or her friends or something

Yeah there are a few I just have no desire to see, but some of them really ain't that bad. And now they're making chick flicks with guys in mind....Knocked Up for example. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:57 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i just tell my wife Chick Flicks arent worth seeing on the big screen and we'll rent it on DVD...then when it comes out i say "awww...i dont want to see that...you know i'll just fall asleep...cant we just see [insert movie i want to see]". she's pretty much figured this out so now she'll go see them with my mom or her friends or something

well played sir.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:28 pm

Metroid wrote:

Yeah there are a few I just have no desire to see, but some of them really ain't that bad. And now they're making chick flicks with guys in mind....Knocked Up for example. :-D

once in awhile i'll give in, especially if there is a hot chick involved (e.g. The Notebook with Rachel McAdams or Serendipity with Kate Beckinsale) but if it stars Reese Witherspoon, Kate Hudson, Sandra Bullock, Drew Barrymore, Katherine Heigl, or Jennifer Garner i am automatically out
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:47 pm

Tip for getting yourself barred from watching chick flicks:

Constant running sarcastic commentary.

Works like a charm.

After 10-15 minutes...."Wouldn't you rather play on your computer?" YES
After 3-4 movies of this.... "I'll just rent that when you're not home" YES YES YES!

I'll be holding a "Train Your Partner 101" workshop this weekend there will be a sing up thread shortly. ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:06 pm

I just say no. She rents them when she feels like it and goes out with her girlfriends to watch them. Pretty easy.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:08 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:

once in awhile i'll give in, especially if there is a hot chick involved (e.g. The Notebook with Rachel McAdams or Serendipity with Kate Beckinsale) but if it stars Reese Witherspoon, Kate Hudson, Sandra Bullock, Drew Barrymore, Katherine Heigl, or Jennifer Garner i am automatically out

W....T....F....

you cannot be serious... 8-o :-? :-S X-I :-{
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:16 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:Yeah there are a few I just have no desire to see, but some of them really ain't that bad. And now they're making chick flicks with guys in mind....Knocked Up for example. :-D

W....T....F....

you cannot be serious... 8-o :-? :-S X-I :-{

i dont find her that attractive...i think part of it is her mannish voice and part of it is i've had to watch a lot of Grey's Annatomy with my wife and she's really annoying on there...also, that list was less about their hotness (or lack thereof) and more about any Chick Flick with them being incredibly suck
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jlm53089 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:26 pm

another guy...
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Metroid » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:30 pm

jlm53089 wrote:

another guy...

yup me. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk