Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:50 pm

Amazinz wrote:Well if you want a "definitive" answer Ellis (author), Harron (director), and Christian Bale have all said the murders are real. I also think the book makes it clearer.

I've always thought they weren't. Interesting.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:56 pm

It was my first impression as well. I saw the movie before reading the book. I think it works either way though.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby phillyphan12 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:22 pm

I saw a few things that lead me to believe it was in his head...

SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

When he drags Paul Allen`s body in that bag out of the apartment building, you can see an obvious trail of blood which somehow no one saw( others are seen in the general area if im not mistaken and would have definately recognized a trail of blood 8-o )

Also, the way his facial expressions looked after he blew up a police car by shooting it a few times lead me to believe he was just imagining it....Like i said, you can interpret it either way...and if Bale and the director say it really happened, its not too hard to imagine.
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby j24jags » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:26 pm

phillyphan12 wrote:I saw a few things that lead me to believe it was in his head...

SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Also, the way his facial expressions looked after he blew up a police car by shooting it a few times lead me to believe he was just imagining it....Like i said, you can interpret it either way...and if Bale and the director say it really happened, its not too hard to imagine.

More spoilers....

I'm pretty sure that the spree he goes on was all in his head. Shooting the police car, feeding a cat to the ATM, etc I read that that spree was all in his head but the murders were supposed to be real
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby phillyphan12 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:00 pm

Good point Jags, thats probly how I`d envision it now too.
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CadensDad » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:50 am

Body of Lies 7.5/10

Good movie, Leo was very good, not as good as some others but good none the less. Did Crowe look more like Alec Baldwin than himself? Also Crowe really didn't add anything to this movie, ANYONE could have played that role. It really pulled the movie down imo. But solid film

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jfg » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:59 am

W. 8/10

This got a ton of bad reviews but I think Oliver Stone did a good job portraying Bush as a normal guy who shouldn't have been president. He didn't make it into a movie ripping the administration which any other director would have done. That's the way I always felt about W... seemed like a decent guy, but he was way over his head and he had no business making his religion priority. I think Stone did a great job of putting it on film.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby Metroid » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:03 am

Watched W. yesterday too, I thought it was good. I wouldn't buy it or anything, but I'm sure I'll watch it again down the road. I think Stone did portray Bush pretty well and the rest of his cabinet. I've never thought of Bush as a decent guy though....I've thought of him more as that uncle you hate. That uncle that's a jerkoff that you have to be around and be nice to because he's family. Anyway the movie was pretty good. My main gripe is that Stone was too eager to make the film, why not wait until Bush was out of office? I would have liked to have seen him in his final days contemplating his mess of a presidency.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Inukchuk » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:27 am

Awwww, I missed American Psycho discussion... :,-(

One of my top 10 favs right there. My main keeper league team name is "Oh Africa Brave Africa." What a messed up, hilarious move. I've actually never even tried to figure out if the kills were real or not. It's one of those movies where I just sit back and enjoy the mayhem... ;-D

Oh, I caught 'My Cousin Vinny' last night. To borrow a phrase from Bill Simmons, it has great rewatchability.

8.25/10
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:06 am

Inukchuk wrote:Awwww, I missed American Psycho discussion... :,-(

One of my top 10 favs right there. My main keeper league team name is "Oh Africa Brave Africa." What a messed up, hilarious move. I've actually never even tried to figure out if the kills were real or not. It's one of those movies where I just sit back and enjoy the mayhem... ;-D

Oh, I caught 'My Cousin Vinny' last night. To borrow a phrase from Bill Simmons, it has great rewatchability.

8.25/10

I killed the clerk?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk