Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby CadensDad » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:14 am

Snakes Gould wrote:im watchin inside man on tv right now (this is probably my 3rd time watching it) and i absolutely love the creativity behind it and im also in for a great heist movie.

8/10.

I've heard they are making a 2nd version of this. Hope it's as good as the first

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:29 am

Hamlet 2 not sure how much publicity got but this movie is frickin hilarious (if you like satire and clever writing that is). without giving too much away, it's about a failed actor turned drama teacher in Tuscon, with a whole 2 students in his call until one year most other programs are canceled and his class is filled with bad kids. this inspires him to write a sequel to Hamlet which involves time travel and a musical number Rock Me Sexy Jesus which the school tries to shut down
8/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:41 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:Hamlet 2 not sure how much publicity got but this movie is frickin hilarious (if you like satire and clever writing that is). without giving too much away, it's about a failed actor turned drama teacher in Tuscon, with a whole 2 students in his call until one year most other programs are canceled and his class is filled with bad kids. this inspires him to write a sequel to Hamlet which involves time travel and a musical number Rock Me Sexy Jesus which the school tries to shut down
8/10

Yeah I've been meaning to see that, it's on DVD right?
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:48 am

The Quick and the Dead- 6.5/10

Could have been a lot better IMO. Sam Elliott does a good job.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby jlm53089 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Leo's Last 10 Movies (per IMDB) Most Recent First.
1. Revolutionary Road
2. Body of LIes
3. Blood Diamond
4. The Departed
5. The Aviator
6. Catch Me If You Can
7. Gangs of New York
8. The Beach
9. The Man in the Iron Mask
10. The Titanic

These are his major movies, and I have seen almost all of them and he is kick ass and all of them.
He is a great actor, and you are right, he hasnt sucked in a long while.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:24 pm

jlm53089 wrote:Leo's Last 10 Movies (per IMDB) Most Recent First.
1. Revolutionary Road
2. Body of LIes
3. Blood Diamond
4. The Departed
5. The Aviator
6. Catch Me If You Can
7. Gangs of New York
8. The Beach
10. The Titanic

These are his major movies, and I have seen almost all of them and he is kick ass and all of them.

;-D
He's an amazing actor who also picks great roles. I have no idea why he has never been nominated for a major award but now it's just become that they don't nominate him because he is Leo. Of all of the movies on that list the one that I like the least is Gangs of NY (maybe Iron Mask was a little cheesy) which I felt was too over the top and Cameron Diaz sucked.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Metroid » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:42 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
1. Revolutionary Road
2. Body of LIes
3. Blood Diamond
4. The Departed
5. The Aviator
6. Catch Me If You Can
7. Gangs of New York
8. The Beach
10. The Titanic

;-D
He's an amazing actor who also picks great roles. I have no idea why he has never been nominated for a major award but now it's just become that they don't nominate him because he is Leo. Of all of the movies on that list the one that I like the least is Gangs of NY (maybe Iron Mask was a little cheesy) which I felt was too over the top and Cameron Diaz sucked.

Yeah Cameron Diaz blew that movie. Leo still rocked the shiz out of that role though. B-)

FYI Leo earned an Academy Award nomination for his role in Blood Diamond and I think he earned a Golden Globe for the same role. He should have an Oscar by now, but he'll get his...he's got a long career ahead of him.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby CadensDad » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:53 pm

Metroid wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
1. Revolutionary Road
2. Body of LIes
3. Blood Diamond
4. The Departed
5. The Aviator
6. Catch Me If You Can
7. Gangs of New York
8. The Beach
10. The Titanic

;-D

Yeah Cameron Diaz blew that movie. Leo still rocked the shiz out of that role though. B-)

FYI Leo earned an Academy Award nomination for his role in Blood Diamond and I think he earned a Golden Globe for the same role. He should have an Oscar by now, but he'll get his...he's got a long career ahead of him.

Phew, :-° I'm glad some other at the cafe felt the same way as I do. My girlfriend thought I was crazy because I think he's one of the best actors out there. Glad to know I'm not alone

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:55 pm

CadensDad wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
;-D

Phew, :-° I'm glad some other at the cafe felt the same way as I do. My girlfriend thought I was crazy because I think he's one of the best actors out there. Glad to know I'm not alone

Anyone who doesn't recognize Leo's a very talented actor is crazy. ;-)
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Amazinz » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:14 pm

He's been nominated for other stuff too. Aviator, for sure. Maybe Gilbert Grape too. He has that movie about Theodore Roosevelt coming out next year. Just a hunch but it seems like one of those Oscar locks.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk