Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby daullaz » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:11 pm

The Illusionist: 8/10

Edward Norton, Jessica Biel and Paul Giamatti star.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigLebowski » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:14 pm

Envy is on it's way back to Netflix and I didn't even finish it.

2/10

I didn't have very high expectations, it does have Jack Black and Ben Stiller, but the move was awful. Very slow moving movie and the humor just wasn't there. Christopher Walken has a small role and he is the only highlight.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 450)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:40 pm

Sherrybaby with Maggie Gyllenhall

Gyllenhall as Sherry, stars a slore just released from prison for drugs who does not believe in wearing bras tries to reconnect with her 4 year old daughter who her brother and his wife have been rasing while she's been in prison for most of her life

she has the usual struggles that parolees in movies seem to have and shows her cans a few times and makes you hate her character and feel sorry for her at the same time

i enjoyed it, as i do most movies about dysfunctional people, and getting to see Maggies mams was a bonus, although you can see them all and more in Secretary (which is even better for freakish depravity)

7/10...worth a rent
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:18 pm

Yoda wrote:
BigLebowski wrote:Just sent back Oldboy to Netflix.

7/10

Interesting plot. Some wierd twists to it. Sick twists to it as well.

Overall pretty well done movie IMO.

Yeah I liked it.

The dude beats up 15 guys with a hammer, with a knife stuck in his back. That scene was shot in one cut, and a couple guys actually broke their hands during its filming.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby daullaz » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:33 am

Y`s Guy wrote:We watched "The Illusionist" last night. Two thumbs up. Edward Norton didn't beat up anyone and Paul Giamatti was typically good. Jessica Biel was alright.

Great story and a nice little twist at the end.

I saw this one yesterday and I agree with the two thumbs up. ;-D ;-D
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Coppermine » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:55 am

Epic Movie (#1 movie in country, nice job America ;-D ) STILL has a 0% rating and it being touted as the worst movie of 2007... perhaps the worst movie in 10 years. It's certainly not being taken seriously by anyone, but still... please, do yourself a favor and go see Pan's Labyrinth or even Pursuit of Happyness.

On the flip side, Smokin' Aces is officially being reviewed as "garbage." Which is surprising, but, seems like it's a flop.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:50 pm

Coppermine wrote:Epic Movie (#1 movie in country, nice job America ;-D ) STILL has a 0% rating and it being touted as the worst movie of 2007... perhaps the worst movie in 10 years. It's certainly not being taken seriously by anyone, but still... please, do yourself a favor and go see Pan's Labyrinth or even Pursuit of Happyness.

On the flip side, Smokin' Aces is officially being reviewed as "garbage." Which is surprising, but, seems like it's a flop.

I thought smokin aces looked good boooo

We Americans love classy movies like Epic Movie.

Anyways

Pirates of the Carribean 2

7/10 if Kiera Knightly wasn't in it.

8/10 with her in it ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby cordscords » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:15 pm

BigLebowski wrote:Envy is on it's way back to Netflix and I didn't even finish it.

2/10

I didn't have very high expectations, it does have Jack Black and Ben Stiller, but the move was awful. Very slow moving movie and the humor just wasn't there. Christopher Walken has a small role and he is the only highlight.

Envy wasnt anything special, but after watching it again I laughed harder. The idea is kind of silly, and its not put together the greatest, but some of the dialouge in that move kills me now.

I bumped my rating up to a 5/10 after rewatching it, which is still lousy, but at least watchable.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Pacman » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:51 pm

I just took the family to see "Night at the Museum".

On a "Kids' Movie" scale, I'd give it 9/10. It's superb when compared to other kids movies.

Even as a movie in general, I'd give it 8/10.

It was a great story, great effects. Some hysterically funny lines (some adult-oriented ones that leave the grown-ups howling, and kids confused :-b )

Ben Stiller is, well, Ben Stiller... nice guy to whom EVERYTHING goes wrong. But he does well in this one. Lots of physical comedy to to along with all the self-depricating humor.

Supporting cast is strong.. Dick Van Dyke is ageless, and even Mickey Rooney is strong... and of course, Owen Wilson is there, as he always is in Ben Stiller movies.. his character is actually one of the funniest.

A couple of babes too, including Carla Gugino, who used to be on Spin City. She looks great!

Anyway, kids or no, I recommend seeing this. Very entertaining.

;-D ;-D
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Coppermine » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:44 pm

I just don't think I can enjoy a kids movie without kids... then again, this is probably way better than the latest installment of Tim Allen turning into Santa Claus and/or a dog, or the upcoming "Eddie Murphy in a fat suit again" movie.

Oh, and they're making a Bruce Almighty sequel with Steve Carrell's character from the first one.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk