Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:52 pm

The Prestige- 9.5/10

Borat- 9.5/10

Hmm.. been a while since I saw a real clunker.
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:12 pm

Saw Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest the other night. It was pretty good, but not as good as the first. Again, I don't know much about these rankings, but I'd say about 7/10.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:20 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Madison wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:wow how can you give saw 3 a 10/10 and an 8/10...there was nothing to it...much worse than the previous 2.

Nothing to it? Multiple storylines going at the same time, a fantastic ending, filling in gaps from the first two parts, and staying true to the series, with even a longshot possibility of a part IV? What's not to like?

The only way I can see a rating of 3/10 is if you didn't like the first two, or don't like blood and gore. Which should make it an obvious choice of something you wouldn't want to watch anyway.

I'm going to go back and watch all 3 in a row and then rank them, but currently I've got part 3 as the best, the original in second, and part two as third on the list. Very well could change since it's been awhile since I watched parts one and two, but we'll see. B-)

Oh, and yes, I'm definitely rooting for a part IV. ;-D

the twists were there but it was just so much different than the previous 2 i thought. it was more of a drama than a horror movie imo.

True, there was a whole lot more drama in this one, rather than just scary stuff. I definitely agree with that. ;-D

Simulacrum wrote:Borat- 9.5/10

Borat: NEGATIVE ONE BILLION/10

And Sim loses cool points for that. :-[

:-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:22 pm

Madison wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
Madison wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:wow how can you give saw 3 a 10/10 and an 8/10...there was nothing to it...much worse than the previous 2.

Nothing to it? Multiple storylines going at the same time, a fantastic ending, filling in gaps from the first two parts, and staying true to the series, with even a longshot possibility of a part IV? What's not to like?

The only way I can see a rating of 3/10 is if you didn't like the first two, or don't like blood and gore. Which should make it an obvious choice of something you wouldn't want to watch anyway.

I'm going to go back and watch all 3 in a row and then rank them, but currently I've got part 3 as the best, the original in second, and part two as third on the list. Very well could change since it's been awhile since I watched parts one and two, but we'll see. B-)

the twists were there but it was just so much different than the previous 2 i thought. it was more of a drama than a horror movie imo.

True, there was a whole lot more drama in this one, rather than just scary stuff. I definitely agree with that. ;-D

Sim and over 90% of this cafe I bet... who else here hated Borat? Show of hands? Hmm? Nobody?

If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:23 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Madison wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
Madison wrote:

Sim and over 90% of this cafe I bet... who else here hated Borat? Who of hands? Hmm? Nobody?

Actually there were quite a few people at the various Cafes that spoke up against Borat. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:23 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Madison wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
Madison wrote:

Sim and over 90% of this cafe I bet... who else here hated Borat? Show of hands? Hmm? Nobody?

Madison loves Lexus commercials, hates borat, and makes deals with nigerian princes
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:27 pm

acsguitar wrote:Madison loves Lexus commercials, hates borat, and makes deals with nigerian princes

Actually, I'm not fond of the Lexus commercials, but people do buy cars as Christmas gifts. I've seen people waste money on much dumber gifts. :-b

I don't hate Borat, but I really hope to never see him on television ever again. :-b

Make it asian princesses, and maybe. O:-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Yoda » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:06 pm

Beerfest 7/10... I think it would have been better if I had a few beers in me. Some very funny scenes but it gets a lower rating because...

SPOILER:

there is no freaking way Americans would beat the Germans in a beer drinking contest.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby laxguy8947 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:01 pm

Saw Blood Diamond this weekend.

It was great. 8/10
Thanks to abrage22
laxguy8947
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker

Postby sportsguy138 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:44 pm

CadensDad wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:saw 3 4/10

the departed 10/10

I still haven't had a chance to see Saw III, but 4/10?!? :-o

I saw Mean Girls today, don't ask. I'm not sure on how everyones rating them, but I would give it a 6/10.

6 of 10? Are you serious? You must have seen it on TBS. Go buy the dvd. It's well worth the 13 bucks. TBS must have left out alot of funny scenes. I'm a married guy and first time I watched that movie I felt like a dork. After twenty minutes I couldn't stop laughing.

That movie has hot girls, a pretty funny storyline, solid acting and ALOT of truth in it. besides the last 5 minutes it's sooooo funnny (But doesnt the last 5 minutes of most every movie suck?)

Go buy this DVD and you'll be back with a at least 8/10 rating or more.

Yeah, I did watch it on TBS. I would rent it, but not worth my 7 bucks. :-b
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 406)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk