Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby j24jags » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:20 am

mak1277 wrote:
j24jags wrote:Anyone catch Pursuit of Happiness? I plan on seeing it tomorrrow, just want to know if it's worth it.

I didn't really like it that much. Good acting, but it just fell short for me.

Also, I saw Little Miss Sunshine last night. Absolutely did not live up to the hype. I'd give it a 5/10. Four of those points come from the beauty pageant scene...otherwise it would have been a 1/10 (with that 1 being Alan Arkin).

I liked it, I guess a little more than you. Great acting, it dragged out for too long though. I won't give anything away but it was well done and very inspirational. I'd give it a 6-7/10.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:35 am

APAP wrote:Epic movie should be good, mostly because there were so many bad movies that came out lately that could just be picked apart.

Well, they didn't screen it for critics, but here's some of the early buzz...

"What was the last studio picture this bad? Maybe 2002's The Adventures of Pluto Nash. I've seen more talent in my cat's last dump."

"On January 26th, I have witnessed what is assured to be the worst film I will behold all year."

"One of those throw-everything-at-the-screen-and-see-if-anything-sticks movies...In this case, nothing does...All terrible--puerile, vulgar and unfunny."

Apparently, it has not yet received a single good review. Check it out and report back though.

Pan's Labyrinth however has gotten great reviews across the board. I'm probably going to check it out tomorrow.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:55 am

Coppermine wrote:
APAP wrote:Epic movie should be good, mostly because there were so many bad movies that came out lately that could just be picked apart.

Well, they didn't screen it for critics, but here's some of the early buzz...

"What was the last studio picture this bad? Maybe 2002's The Adventures of Pluto Nash. I've seen more talent in my cat's last dump."

"On January 26th, I have witnessed what is assured to be the worst film I will behold all year."

"One of those throw-everything-at-the-screen-and-see-if-anything-sticks movies...In this case, nothing does...All terrible--puerile, vulgar and unfunny."

Apparently, it has not yet received a single good review. Check it out and report back though.

It has a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes from the collection of critics so far... :-o
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:19 am

I'd love Epic Movie to be great but I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that it will be a stinker. Hope I'm wrong. }:-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RugbyD » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:46 am

Coppermine wrote:Pan's Labyrinth however has gotten great reviews across the board. I'm probably going to check it out tomorrow.

what, the 10 i gave it wasn't motivation enough? ;-) ;-7
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Y`s Guy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:18 am

We watched "The Illusionist" last night. Two thumbs up. Edward Norton didn't beat up anyone and Paul Giamatti was typically good. Jessica Biel was alright.

Great story and a nice little twist at the end.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 277)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:55 am

RugbyD wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Pan's Labyrinth however has gotten great reviews across the board. I'm probably going to check it out tomorrow.

what, the 10 i gave it wasn't motivation enough? ;-) ;-7

I really enjoyed it although I wouldn't give it a 10. More like an 8 for me and I can't believe it has worked it's way up to #81 on IMDB's Top Movie list. Most surprising of all is that it actually made it to NC. :*)

Another movie I recently saw was Little Children. I must shamefully admit I bootlegged it but I will make good when it hits DVD. I was "dying" to see it and it isn't coming here. :-/

Anyway, not sure it's worth all the hype it is getting but it's really good. The ending leaves a bit to be desired. I think people who really liked American Beauty will enjoy Little Children.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nsulham » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:21 pm

Saw Gridiron Gang on Friday night. Pretty much your typical football movie but I still thought it was pretty good for what it is.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby laxguy8947 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:56 pm

I saw Smokin' Aces last night. I'd give it 8/10. It wasn't at all what I expected. It's more than just an action flick...in some places it gets pretty whacky. There's no way you could watch it and not enjoy it though. It moves rapidly and the entire time my friends and I were trying to guess the next move--I don't think we were right once. So go see it--you'll be surprisingly impressed ;-D
Thanks to abrage22
laxguy8947
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker

Postby CheeseBeger » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:37 pm

Wall Street 8.5/10

That "greed is good" speech was awesome.
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk