Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:04 am

superman II richard donner cut - 5/10

this was horrible and i'm glad donner didn't get to finish the movie. i won't bring up the spoilers but i'll just say the lester version (original) was much better and made much more sense.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:13 pm

I've heard the opposite on that one from almost everybody. I haven't watched either but I want to watch it and everybody tells me to watch the Donner cut.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 97)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:30 am

1408 - it was fairly suspenseful but got kind of cheesy at the end
7/10

Wanted it was kind of like the Matrix but with Zach Braff instead of Keanu...i just couldnt take that guy serious...
6/10

Burn After Reading it was OK...picked up towards the end. Clooney's invention cracked me up
7/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:36 pm

I thought Burn After Reading was hilarious. Every character made me laugh.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:58 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:I thought Burn After Reading was hilarious. Every character made me laugh.

I'm a huge Cohen bros fan and love all of their movies...except for this one. It was hugely disappointing. The characters were terrible. Pitt and Clooney just tried to act goofy and it was annoying. The story, what there was of it, was uninteresting. I was so hyped to see this and so let down afterwards.

Valkyrie 7.5/10
If you can put aside the Cruise/creepy factor, get past the eyepatch and ignore the fact that the movie seems to be trying to tell us that Nazis were basically good people led astray by a lunatic and that they really didn't like Hitler, it was a good movie. The supporting cast was just incredible. Bill Nighy, Kenneth Brannagh, Tom Wilkinson, Terrence Stamp, Eddie Izzard etc they were all terrific. Captivating movie.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 283)

Postby Yoda » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:31 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:I thought Burn After Reading was hilarious. Every character made me laugh.

I'm a huge Cohen bros fan and love all of their movies...except for this one. It was hugely disappointing. The characters were terrible. Pitt and Clooney just tried to act goofy and it was annoying. The story, what there was of it, was uninteresting. I was so hyped to see this and so let down afterwards.

Valkyrie 7.5/10
If you can put aside the Cruise/creepy factor, get past the eyepatch and ignore the fact that the movie seems to be trying to tell us that Nazis were basically good people led astray by a lunatic and that they really didn't like Hitler, it was a good movie. The supporting cast was just incredible. Bill Nighy, Kenneth Brannagh, Tom Wilkinson, Terrence Stamp, Eddie Izzard etc they were all terrific. Captivating movie.

Still waiting for the latest Keanu movie review.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:25 pm

Saw "I Am Legend" over the weekend. I'd give it probably a 7/10. I actually thought Will Smith was pretty good in it, but overall it didn't do anything to separate itself from other post-apocalyptic, end-of-the-world zombie movies. Also, even though I can suspend reality enough to accept the premise that a virus has wiped out 90% of the people on earth, and the 9% that turned into zombies wiped out most of the remaining 1%, there were a few parts that just didn't make sense and were too unrealistic to let slide.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jfg » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:40 pm

I have Burn After Reading but haven't got around to watching it yet. It looks like most their movies- good script but not as good of characters as their three movie stretch from 96-00. But, I can't say anything until I actually see it but I'm not really itching to watch. I'm sure it'll be good but not great like Fargo, Big Lebowski and O Brother Where Art Thou. That could be the best three consecutive movie stretch ever.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 97)

Postby thedude » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:18 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Saw "I Am Legend" over the weekend. I'd give it probably a 7/10. I actually thought Will Smith was pretty good in it, but overall it didn't do anything to separate itself from other post-apocalyptic, end-of-the-world zombie movies. Also, even though I can suspend reality enough to accept the premise that a virus has wiped out 90% of the people on earth, and the 9% that turned into zombies wiped out most of the remaining 1%, there were a few parts that just didn't make sense and were too unrealistic to let slide.

the short story was much better and different.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:47 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:I'm a huge Cohen bros fan and love all of their movies...except for this one. It was hugely disappointing. The characters were terrible. Pitt and Clooney just tried to act goofy and it was annoying. The story, what there was of it, was uninteresting. I was so hyped to see this and so let down afterwards.

I'm a big Coen brothers fan, too, and this movie simply wasn't good. This, Lady Killers, and Intolerable Cruelty are the only of their movies that I haven't really liked, and a number of their flicks are among my all-time favorites.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk