Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby phillyphan12 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:31 am

jfg wrote:No not XPac that was actually the guy I was meant to say he was with. No it was like this whiter than white punk kid that was hilarious to watch get the crap beat out of him. I liked to watch him, and Golddust was pretty funny to watch as well.

could you be thinking of Spike Dudley possibly? the guy was "whiter than white", weighed about 145 lbs and got the crap beat out of him on a nightly basis..only person other than x-pac that i can think of who fits your description.
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:34 pm

You guys are ruining a good thread! :^
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:34 pm

Religulous: 1/10

10 for the premise, -9 for Bill Maher and his unrivaled atheistic vexatiousness. Chalk up another atheist/rational empiricist who hates Maher for making all of us look bad, even worse than Ben Stein and his ridiculous ID documentary. Put someone else in his place (give me Jon Stewart or even Ashton Xenu-damned Kutcher) and put out a less biased product, and I'd like this documentary for what it is, but it's impossible to look past Maher's pigheaded, single-minded, narcissistic viewpoints.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby J35J » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Traitor - 7.5/10

Sold flick. Not great but better than most i've seen lately. One of those kind of films you need to pay attention to.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:51 pm

Benjamin Button 7/10

One word: long. Solid story but got worse as the movie progressed IMO. Sort of a Forrest Gump/Notebook mix. That's the best I got.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:19 pm

J35J wrote:Traitor - 7.5/10

Sold flick. Not great but better than most i've seen lately. One of those kind of films you need to pay attention to.

I liked it too. My main gripe was the trailer because it basically gave away the "twist". I know it wasn't a big twist but I had the feeling the first hour would have been more fun if I wasn't entirely certain what was going on.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Curtis Pride » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:42 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:Religulous: 1/10

10 for the premise, -9 for Bill Maher and his unrivaled atheistic vexatiousness. Chalk up another atheist/rational empiricist who hates Maher for making all of us look bad, even worse than Ben Stein and his ridiculous ID documentary. Put someone else in his place (give me Jon Stewart or even Ashton Xenu-damned Kutcher) and put out a less biased product, and I'd like this documentary for what it is, but it's impossible to look past Maher's pigheaded, single-minded, narcissistic viewpoints.

Agreed and agreed.

go on google video for the Richard Dawkins tribute to Darwin. It's awesome.

And if you want a great athiest to replace Bill Maher, put Ricky Gervais in that movie and it would be an A++++++. Ricky is brilliant and unlike Maher, actually funny. Plus, he's not a complete letch like Maher.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby sblinyy » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:52 pm

Yes Man-- 8.5/10

Very surprised at how funny/good this movie was.

Thanks to abrage22 for the sweet sig!
sblinyy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby phillyphan12 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:55 am

Slumdog Millionaire- 6.5/10

This movie had alot of buzz to it as it`s been named on many critics Top 10 lists of 2008 and has already won many awards...that being said, it just wasnt my kind of movie i guess. I didnt really get anything out of the film that leaves me with any sense of amazement at what i had just seen or nothing at all like that. Well told story and all but i just do not see the "Movie Of The Year" hype it has been getting. :-t
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:05 am

Curious Case of Benjamin Button - 9/10 - amazing story telling and great acting. This is the type of movie that is timeless. It is a tad long but still very enjoyable.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk