100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby phillyphan12 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:07 pm

nsulham wrote:
phillyphan12 wrote:The Wrestler- 9/10

Great, great movie that is well worth anyones time...dont need to be a wrestling fan to enjoy this. If you like a good drama that gets you wrapped inside the life and struggles of the main character( mickey rourke in this case- who does an unbelievablely good job) then its definately worth watching

Couldn't agree more. As stated in the other thread I'm a longtime wrestling nerd so this movie struck a specific chord with me. Mickey Rourke was flat out fantastic, as was the whole movie. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

yea i`ve watched wrestling all my life also but like i said, anyone reading this who doesnt watch wrestling or even hates the idea of it should still watch because the story is much deeper.
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:56 am

Never been a wrestling fan except for a couple years when Sting was huge in the WCW but that movie looks really good.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:20 am

jfg wrote:Never been a wrestling fan except for a couple years when Sting was huge in the WCW but that movie looks really good.

Regular multi-neon colored facepaint Sting? Or stand in the rafters with a baseball bat black and white facepaint Sting?
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby jfg » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:26 am

Baseball bat. I stopped watching when he joined the NWO. It was pretty cool when he was mysterious Sting where nobody knew what he was going to do and he was a vigilante. Then it went back to same old bad guy-good guy and I lost interest.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:29 am

jfg wrote:Baseball bat. I stopped watching when he joined the NWO. It was pretty cool when he was mysterious Sting where nobody knew what he was going to do and he was a vigilante. Then it went back to same old bad guy-good guy and I lost interest.

I completely agree although the NWO was one of professional wrestling's best gimmicks ever. Nash and Hall randomly appearing on WCW's Nitro telecast was definitely one of those "where were you" moments. It did go too far though.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:43 am

I have to admit I was drawn into the NWO thing for awhile even though Scott Hall was a poor choice to be their main guy. I just thought he was a loser rather than a mean SOB... and I never liked Ric Flair even though he is a MN boy. He kind of ruined it all along with Vince McMahon trying to get his mug in on everything. But, I never even got into the 80's WWF golden age so they did something right for awhile. To tell you the truth, and it pains me to say it, but when they started bringing the sex sells attitude into the equation, wrestling went downhill in a big way and they've never recovered. I guess I can't make a judgment since I haven't really watched since '98-'99 and was never really into it to begin with but it just looks dumbed down. Is that possible? It just seems like they used to have better and more compelling storylines.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jlm53089 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:48 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
jfg wrote:Baseball bat. I stopped watching when he joined the NWO. It was pretty cool when he was mysterious Sting where nobody knew what he was going to do and he was a vigilante. Then it went back to same old bad guy-good guy and I lost interest.

I completely agree although the NWO was one of professional wrestling's best gimmicks ever. Nash and Hall randomly appearing on WCW's Nitro telecast was definitely one of those "where were you" moments. It did go too far though.

Wolf Pack Baby!!
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:33 am

AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:36 am

jfg wrote:I have to admit I was drawn into the NWO thing for awhile even though Scott Hall was a poor choice to be their main guy. I just thought he was a loser rather than a mean SOB... and I never liked Ric Flair even though he is a MN boy. He kind of ruined it all along with Vince McMahon trying to get his mug in on everything. But, I never even got into the 80's WWF golden age so they did something right for awhile. To tell you the truth, and it pains me to say it, but when they started bringing the sex sells attitude into the equation, wrestling went downhill in a big way and they've never recovered. I guess I can't make a judgment since I haven't really watched since '98-'99 and was never really into it to begin with but it just looks dumbed down. Is that possible? It just seems like they used to have better and more compelling storylines.

We also got older I think. I agree about the sex sells attitude though....it's completely true.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:44 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:4 Life baby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juqm94sUV_E

Bah get that geriatric rubbish out of my face.

THIS was the shizz circa 1998.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrh4-3rGkyw
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 24)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk