Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby curious_george_43545 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:00 am

Wanted: 7.7/10 Very entertaining.
The Dark Knight: 8.1/10 Might be a bit harsh because I had unreasonalby high expectations and it was a bit long, was a great movie nonetheless.
Million Dollar Baby: 7.5/10 Sad Ending.
Gran Torino: 8.5/10 Great movie.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NorthSider2 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:34 pm

Iron Man (9.5/10) Great overall movie. Good humor too

Yes Man (8.6/10) Funny but slow at times
Thanks to soty for the sweet sig

Go Cubs
NorthSider2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:28 pm

No Country For Old Men - 9/10

I've seen it already a few times, but someone gave it to me for Christmas on Blu-ray which was kind of unnecessary given this film doesn't display the best audio facets of Blu-ray. At any rate, I reckon NCFOM is one of those polemic films in every facet. The film itself is probably an 8/10 but I think the impact makes it a 9. I enjoyed the slow burn pace probably more than some are willing to take as it really suits Anton Chigurh. Some folks hated the ending but I think it actually ended up in the most ideal way. By film's end, the underlying themes of destiny and luck are wrapped up nicely, albeit in a subtle and jerking fashion. The last 15-20 minutes or so, which some people think seem disjointed, really completes it, I'd say.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 677)

Postby phillyphan12 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:47 am

Seven Pounds- 8.5/10...Will Smith did an excellent job in grabbing my emotions and making me care about his character in this movie. Very depressing for the last 20 or so minutes, but im a man and can admit i shed a tear or two during that time. This movie`s been getting bad reviews from critics so my opinion may be in the minority, but i thought it was well worth seeing.

Michael Clayton- 8.5/10...Same rating as Seven Pounds.I thought this was very good and more "well done" than Seven Pounds but i wasnt quite as emotionally interested in it. (Not to say that i wasnt, just not at the level of the former.)
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:56 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:No Country For Old Men - 9/10

I've seen it already a few times, but someone gave it to me for Christmas on Blu-ray which was kind of unnecessary given this film doesn't display the best audio facets of Blu-ray. At any rate, I reckon NCFOM is one of those polemic films in every facet. The film itself is probably an 8/10 but I think the impact makes it a 9. I enjoyed the slow burn pace probably more than some are willing to take as it really suits Anton Chigurh. Some folks hated the ending but I think it actually ended up in the most ideal way. By film's end, the underlying themes of destiny and luck are wrapped up nicely, albeit in a subtle and jerking fashion. The last 15-20 minutes or so, which some people think seem disjointed, really completes it, I'd say.

i hated NCFOM... really slow with a bunch of pointless scenes and pointless dialogue that did nothing to advance the plot. honestly, i didn't even finish it because it was just that boring. i think it's one of those movies that people try to make seem deep, when in reality it just sucked.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby jlm53089 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:09 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:

i hated NCFOM... really slow with a bunch of pointless scenes and pointless dialogue that did nothing to advance the plot. honestly, i didn't even finish it because it was just that boring. i think it's one of those movies that people try to make seem deep, when in reality it just sucked.

its not supposed to be deep.
it is supposed to show the other side of things, and people.
the best way to watch it is to go into it not knowing anything about it.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:15 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:

im kind of with you. i didnt think it "sucked", but i didnt really see the hype. i watched this with my girlfriend and she seemed to really like it, and i was pretty bored throughout. it was pretty good at some points, but others just were too slow (and i like a long, deep, in depth movie personally).

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:43 am

Well I also really enjoyed NCFOM, and I felt it had the perfect ending. It didn't feel very slow to me at all, either.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:32 am

Oh my gawd I actually went to the movies :-o (shock horror)

Quantum Of Solace - 4/10

Not my favourite.
Too shoot-em-uppy for my liking. Also, they seemed to have dumbed down Bond - he is killing people who could have valuable information now, as opposed to mostly hired goons.
Daniel Craig = OK as Bond, but uses his gun way way more then I'm used to.

They need to do better next time.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 24)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:54 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:

I don't think the scenes, dialogue, and every little nuance was pointless, even if it's made to seem that way. I can understand NCFOM isn't for everybody given that the film is like a slow-acting toxin where by the end, you don't know if it's ever kicked in until you start to realize the ending really made the useless scenes actually significant. I actually don't think the film's themes are too deep, but the way it's presented makes it feel deep.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 677)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk