Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:27 am

thedude wrote:Besides, he has killed, what 50 serial killers? How many serial killers do you think there are in the greater Miami area? To give you an idea Miami has about 75 murders a year (and most of those are probably domestic disputes and drug related).


i think dexter has killed around 60 people over a 15 year period, don't see how it'd be that hard to find 4 people a year who kill, get away with it, and are a risk to kill again.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14141
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby thedude » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:46 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
thedude wrote:Besides, he has killed, what 50 serial killers? How many serial killers do you think there are in the greater Miami area? To give you an idea Miami has about 75 murders a year (and most of those are probably domestic disputes and drug related).


i think dexter has killed around 60 people over a 15 year period, don't see how it'd be that hard to find 4 people a year who kill, get away with it, and are a risk to kill again.


my issue isn't with how many he has killed, but rather that there aren't that many serial killers.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:08 am

thedude wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
thedude wrote:Besides, he has killed, what 50 serial killers? How many serial killers do you think there are in the greater Miami area? To give you an idea Miami has about 75 murders a year (and most of those are probably domestic disputes and drug related).


i think dexter has killed around 60 people over a 15 year period, don't see how it'd be that hard to find 4 people a year who kill, get away with it, and are a risk to kill again.


my issue isn't with how many he has killed, but rather that there aren't that many serial killers.


well i guess it depends on the definition of a serial killer. dexter's definition was someone who has killed in the past and is at risk to kill again, i feel like there would be more than enough people that fit this description to be able to kill 60 over a 15 year span.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14141
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby mweir145 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:17 am

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: 7.5/10

Pretty good overall, but it was basically a less-likeable version of Forrest Gump (probably not a surprise, considering it was the same screen writer). I doubt this will be winning the Oscar this year, but I've been wrong before, most notably with Crash a few years back.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby thedude » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:19 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
thedude wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
i think dexter has killed around 60 people over a 15 year period, don't see how it'd be that hard to find 4 people a year who kill, get away with it, and are a risk to kill again.


my issue isn't with how many he has killed, but rather that there aren't that many serial killers.


well i guess it depends on the definition of a serial killer. dexter's definition was someone who has killed in the past and is at risk to kill again, i feel like there would be more than enough people that fit this description to be able to kill 60 over a 15 year span.

The ice truck killer, the skinner, the Bay Harbor Butcher (i am aware of his identity), ect... those are high profile serial killers, like once in a decade type guys. The type of guys that get media attention because of their rarity. Miami has three in as many years? :-?

Plus other there are other legit serial killers like the sniper, the guy in the pilot, the Arsonist, ect...
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Amazinz » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:17 am

It's an impossible comparison (choice). I'd have an easier time comparing Taxi Driver to American Psycho than Dexter to American Psycho (not that A.P. is in T.D.'s league). But if I had to make it, I'd take Dexter. The character is more fully realized and I've fallen in love with him. The themes in Dexter range far beyond murder and is actually much more diverse than A.P. Now if we're talking about the book I'd easily take American Psycho over Darkly Dreaming Dexter.
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:47 pm

Tropic Thunder 6/10

I wasn't impressed. I chuckled throughout and laughed out loud a number of time but most if not all of the amusement came from the fact that it was well known actors playing silly roles. If it was a no-name instead of Tom Cruise dancing at the end and acting like a lunatic that character would not have been funny at all.

Also, I am Jack Blacked out. I've had enough of him.

Downey, Nolte and Stiller ;-D

mweir145 wrote:I've been wrong before


QFE
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 277)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby fattykid2000 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:13 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Tropic Thunder 6/10

I wasn't impressed. I chuckled throughout and laughed out loud a number of time but most if not all of the amusement came from the fact that it was well known actors playing silly roles. If it was a no-name instead of Tom Cruise dancing at the end and acting like a lunatic that character would not have been funny at all.

Also, I am Jack Blacked out. I've had enough of him.

Downey, Nolte and Stiller ;-D

mweir145 wrote:I've been wrong before


QFE


Mookie danks he da shiz wen he aint even a jabroni.. son.. Kno yo role

Dissin up da thunder son??? The reason y da movie is funny is da actors you foo... To state da obvious about da movie is idiotic son..

Go watch another Keanu movie son... moron
Image
fattykid2000
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 312
Joined: 1 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby mweir145 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:46 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
mweir145 wrote:I've been wrong before

QFE

Funny, Mookie.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby thedude » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:01 am

Art School Confidential- 7/10- A pretty funny look at the art world, the motivation of people, and what really drives success. Worth checking out.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact