Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:21 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:The Mist - more like Teh Suck...i dont think i've seen acting that bad since i was forced to watch a high school play. the story was cheesier than (insert pizza, mac n cheese, cheeze-its reference). i did like the ending (i mean the way it ended, not that it was over, although that was nice too). Kings writing rarely translates well to TV, so part of me is hoping they never adapt The Dark Tower, but this was like an extended episode of The Twilight Zone

4/10

Agreed.

The monsters sucked too. I have to semi-disagree on the ending though. I like how it ended but for the guy but it was totally unrealistic. There is no way someone would do that. Plus there was absolutely zero reason to do that. Zero. Change to another car, siphon some gas, walk, do anything I don't care but their solution was just totally ridiculous. Would never happen.

yeah...the flying dragon monster thing had me laughing. i agree with you about the believability of the ending but i still thought it made it better than it would have been otherwise
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:08 pm

Get Smart 7/10- It didn't stay very true to the show and Steve Carrell didn't remind me of Don Adams at all, but on it's own it was a pretty entertaining and humorous movie.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 87)

Postby Yoda » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:26 am

Hulk - 8/10 - Pretty awesome and way better than what I expected. The CGI was too cartoonie otherwise I would rate it higher. Blows away the Ang Lee version.

As a huge hulk fan growing up, I give this a big thumbs up.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:53 am

Don't Mess With The Zohan 8.5/10

Really enjoyed it. I don't know whether it was the intriguing team of Robert Smigel/Adam Sandler/Judd Apatow writing it, but this movie had a fresh attitude/atmosphere to any I have seen for a while. Kind of almost "British tits and bums humour" but better.

Very entertaining. ;-D

Forgetting Sarah Marshall 6/10
This was a compromise movie and it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then I thought it was going to be.

Mila Kunis has certainly grown up :-L :-L
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby jfg » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:50 pm

The Strangers 3/10: I had high hopes for this one because a lot of people said it was one of the best horror movies in years including Steven King. I guess I'm not going to be taking his opinion very seriously on movies anymore. I can't even say why it was so horrible because it would ruin for any of you who want to see it, but I'd recommend staying far away from it.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 87)

Postby Yoda » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:01 pm

jfg wrote:The Strangers 3/10: I had high hopes for this one because a lot of people said it was one of the best horror movies in years including Steven King. I guess I'm not going to be taking his opinion very seriously on movies anymore. I can't even say why it was so horrible because it would ruin for any of you who want to see it, but I'd recommend staying far away from it.

Second movie we saw last night after the Hulk. Very disappointing and stupid. I agree with your rating.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DbacksRback » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:46 pm

whenever one of my roomates leave we say " see you later" in that girls voice...its funny but creepy :-b

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:58 pm

Snow Angels - Kate Beckinsale plays a small town single mom in a place with lots of snow (and still manages to look hot) and Sam Rockwell plays her recovering alcoholic ex who tried to kill himself and just wants to see his daughter. there's also a parallel story about some teen Kate used to babysit for. anyway, pretty good acting, good dramatic story...hard to explain too much more without giving plot away, but it's a similar tone to Ang Lee's The Ice Storm. Also, Tommy Kelly from Johnny Dangerously is in it...oh, and so is Jerry Blank from Strangers With Candy and Juno's friend from Juno P.S. I am a loser and know the real names but it's easier this way

rating 8/10

Forgetting Sarah Marshall i wish i'd forgotten to add this to my queue, and not just because the unrated edition contains a bunch of man-crank. it was an OK movie i guess, but not so much funny. at least i got to see a photoshop of Mila Kunis' bewbz...now if only Kristen Bell would have flashed her goodies i could have given it a better grade

rating 6/10

Chopper -
wiki wrote:Chopper is a 2000 Australian film, written and directed by Andrew Dominik and based on the semi-autobiographical books by Mark Brandon "Chopper" Read. The film stars Eric Bana as the eponymous "Chopper" Read
translation...Eric Bana plays quite possibly the biggest freakin whack-job i've ever seen on film...and not in an over-the-top-TCM sort of way, but in a really convincing wow-that-guy-is-whack way

Note: this movie is in Aussie and was quite hard to follow at times, sub-titles would have helped

rating 7/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:15 pm

Transporter 3 7/10
If you like the Transporter series, which I very much do, you'll like it. BUT, it's not better than Transporter 1 or 2. Transporter 1 was probably the best.

Couple things to be aware of if you're going to see it. Get ready for "the girl" in the movie to annoy you. She will. Oh yes she will. Also, less overall action scenes than the other two movies. One major "stupid, unrealistic thing that happened in a movie but would never happen in real life" involving car tires and buoyancy.

Anyway. Still a solid movie if you like the series. If you don't like the series, you'll probably think it was 5/10.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) 8/10
Wanted to watch this (again) before I check out the new one that's coming out (which apparently looks alright, though I understand it will be a decent amount different from the original). Very good movie, especially for an old one. Keeps you thinking about mankind, human nature, etc etc etc. Not a movie to watch unless you're in a thoughtful mood though. Don't expect a lot of action ;-)
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Yoda » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:29 pm

Hellboy 2 - 7/10 - a lot better than I expected.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk