Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Amazinz » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:07 pm

I found Clive Barker's Midnight Meat Train on the FEAR.NET channel. For those of you that have Time Warner cable, it is a free in-demand horror movie channel. It has flicks like Donnie Darko too. Anyway, as far as slasher flicks go it was pretty good, a nice surprise. Cameo by Rampage Jackson duking it out with Vinnie Jones is awesome. Life is like a box of chocolates!
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:05 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:From Russia With Love is still the best Bond movie. Robert Shaw was the best Bond villain.

#2 for me. You just can't beat Goldfinger...

A couple more this weekend:

What Happens in Vegas: Turned it off half way through. I think I laughed two times so I'll give it 1/10 instead of 0.

The Love Guru: Made it through the whole thing but not by much. 2.5/10
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:08 pm

Amazinz wrote:I found Clive Barker's Midnight Meat Train on the FEAR.NET channel. For those of you that have Time Warner cable, it is a free in-demand horror movie channel. It has flicks like Donnie Darko too. Anyway, as far as slasher flicks go it was pretty good, a nice surprise. Cameo by Rampage Jackson duking it out with Vinnie Jones is awesome. Life is like a box of chocolates!

It's got to be better than Cyborg Soldier with Rich Franklin :-P Franklin's expression did not change once the entire movie and the female lead was Tiffany Amber Thiessen who must have put on 100 pounds or something because she wore a knee length lumberjack coat the entire movie. Franklin made Jon Cena in the Marine look like Lawrence Olivier.

Cyborg Soldier -3/10 (that's a negative in front of the 3)
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:09 pm

jfg wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:From Russia With Love is still the best Bond movie. Robert Shaw was the best Bond villain.

#2 for me. You just can't beat Goldfinger...

A couple more this weekend:

What Happens in Vegas: Turned it off half way through. I think I laughed two times so I'll give it 1/10 instead of 0.

The Love Guru: Made it through the whole thing but not by much. 2.5/10

Odd job was cool.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Amazinz » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:25 pm

Yeah I was going to rent that Franklin flick but I read so much bad stuff about it. :-/
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mugrila » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:26 pm

Finally got around to watching American Psycho and loved it. Bale did a great job.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby J35J » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:56 am

Finally got around to seeing Iron Man - 9/10

Pretty easily my fav super hero movie.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby sblinyy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:04 pm

Batman Begins: 8.3/10

Thanks to abrage22 for the sweet sig!
sblinyy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jfg » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:08 pm

What would it have taken to get to an 8.4?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby Yoda » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:11 pm

jfg wrote:What would it have taken to get to an 8.4?

bewbz?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk