And so the James Bond reviews continue......................
The Man With The Golden Gun 6.8/10
This was a quite decent movie and it had a lot going for it. But probably could have been better.
- Christopher Lee really had the look to be an excellent, creepy Bond villain (I reckon giving him a cat to stroke would have been even better
- Roger Moore improves/learns from the previous movie.
- The idea that no-one knows what Scaramanga looks like is quite good.
- Nik Nak was a very different Number One henchman, a very interfering one rather then physical threat.
- How funny is it that the bad guy loves solar energy? Was this movie financed by Big Oil?
The bad guy (Scaramanga) dies in like 5 seconds at the end. He pretty much stands there and gets shot.
And what the hell is up with Scaramanga having ONE henchman and ONE security guard/maintenace man at his house? Talk about over-confident and easy to beat.
Also I'm not impressed with Bond's local agent friend giving the Solar thingy to the dumb blonde. Who would do that?