Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:32 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i rarely ever give a 10/10, just because you can always find at least 1 thing wrong with a movie.

Charlotte's Web was perfect. :-)
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:04 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i rarely ever give a 10/10, just because you can always find at least 1 thing wrong with a movie.

Charlotte's Web was perfect. :-)

Is it because they eat the pig in this version? :-D
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:05 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:Saving Private Ryan 9.5/10

In short, an absolute must-see for all over the age of 18 (especially males). Makes you TOTALLY appreciate all that the men and women over there go through. Puts a whole new light on the military in general. ;-D

Rocky Balboa 5/10

If it weren't for the fact that this movie lost its luster somewhere along the lines of 3-5, it would be a pretty good movie. A great ending to the series if it needed an ending in the first place. It was either this or night at the Museum, so we chose Rocky. :-/

i find it shocking that you JUST recently saw SPR...9.5 is appropriate i think...i rarely ever give a 10/10, just because you can always find at least 1 thing wrong with a movie.

Sorry but there are a handful of perfect movies and SPR is one of them.

LOL, judging by your sig, you like to rate high anyway. :-b

OK, 10, whatever. :-D

I don't rate that high unless it is warranted. The highest I've given a movie in this thread is 9 for Lock Stock.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:28 pm

I am in the habit of not giving 10s because I am convinced that IMDB ignores your vote if you vote 1 or 10. !+)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby casem2k2 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:07 pm

last movie i saw was not in a theater.....it was Star Wars Episode II:Attack of the Clones and it gets a 10 no doubt.
casem2k2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:30 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
Yoda wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:Saving Private Ryan 9.5/10

In short, an absolute must-see for all over the age of 18 (especially males). Makes you TOTALLY appreciate all that the men and women over there go through. Puts a whole new light on the military in general. ;-D

Rocky Balboa 5/10

If it weren't for the fact that this movie lost its luster somewhere along the lines of 3-5, it would be a pretty good movie. A great ending to the series if it needed an ending in the first place. It was either this or night at the Museum, so we chose Rocky. :-/

SPR a 9.5? That is a perfect movie. Come on. Top 3 war movies of all time.

No movie is "perfect" but SPR is as close as possible, so you could say that it is impossible to make a better war movie, so a 10 and I would accept that too. :-b

Oh, and Snakes, yes, I just recently saw it. Was one of those where I was too young to see it when it first came out and just never got around to it. :-b I saw it a couple of months ago though. ;-D

I did JUST see Ocean's Eleven and I will give it a 8.5. Nice movie. Could've flowed a bit better. I loved the twisting and turning at the end, but could've led into it a bit more. One of those where if I watched it a second time, it would probably get a better rating. ;-D

well make sure you catch ocean's 12 before oceans 13 comes out soon...most people think 12 is bad, but for some reason i love 12. it seems like alot of the movie is "inside jokes" type humor, but for some reason i just find it very humorous. the characters just come off as soon "cool" you cant help but want to pull a heist of some sort yourself.

I liked Oceans 12 alot too...better then 11 IMO...its easier to watch...The breakdancing thief is awesome

nightfox...hes goes by nightfox...and that song is awesome too.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:57 pm

Apocalypto: 8.5-9/10

Alot of people don't seem to like it for whatever reason (I'm guessing Mel), but I thought it was really good and it was interesting all the way through. May have been a little over the top with gore, but I'm into that and though it strengthened the plot. There was also surprisingly good acting considering every cast member has a short resume.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bronxxbomber » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:00 pm

Lady Vengence 6.5/10

I thought this was going to be amazing like the director's previous movie Oldboy, which happens to be one of my favorite movies. Anyhow, the movie was ok, but just not spectacular.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:23 pm

bronxxbomber wrote:Lady Vengence 6.5/10

I thought this was going to be amazing like the director's previous movie Oldboy, which happens to be one of my favorite movies. Anyhow, the movie was ok, but just not spectacular.

Yeah I went in to Lady Vengence expecting something really good, and it didn't live up to what I thought it would be. I've seen much worse movies, but I just thought this could have been better.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bronxxbomber » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:28 pm

sportsaddict wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:Lady Vengence 6.5/10

Yeah I went in to Lady Vengence expecting something really good, and it didn't live up to what I thought it would be. I've seen much worse movies, but I just thought this could have been better.
Yeah, I just got it on DVD.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk