Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:58 am

Inukchuk wrote:Bloodsport 13/10... I watched it for what was probably the 20th time during commercials in the Giants/Browns game (by the way, can you say "repeat"? ;-D)...

Is there a better guilty pleasure movie out there? Between Ray Jackson drinking beer in a hospital bed, Chong Li's boobs, the little Korean guide, Van Damme's bikini underwear, Forrest Whittaker's Oscar worthy performance, and some sweet fighting scenes, I don't know how it didn't win at least one Academy Award...

Starship Troopers
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:38 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:Bloodsport 13/10... I watched it for what was probably the 20th time during commercials in the Giants/Browns game (by the way, can you say "repeat"? ;-D)...

Is there a better guilty pleasure movie out there? Between Ray Jackson drinking beer in a hospital bed, Chong Li's boobs, the little Korean guide, Van Damme's bikini underwear, Forrest Whittaker's Oscar worthy performance, and some sweet fighting scenes, I don't know how it didn't win at least one Academy Award...

Starship Troopers
Both great movies but my holy trinity of guilty pleasure movies are Con Air, The Rock and Armageddon. ;-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby Yoda » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:38 am

lmao Armageddon. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mtxdevil » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:53 am

;-D Starship Troopers
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby abrage22 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:14 pm

1408- 8.5/10 ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

It was really suspensful and kept u on the edge of ur seat :-)
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:16 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Hard Boiled - 9.5/10 - If you like Infernal Affairs or The Departed, especially Infernal Affairs I pretty much guarantee you'll like this film. It's perhaps John Woo's best work and if you're just getting into Hong Kong cinema, this is one of the few movies you should be introduced to. It's as deep as Infernal Affairs is but a ton more gun violence.

Hard Boiled is sweet...you should check out The Killer (also with Chow-Yun Fat and by John Woo) if you havent already

I have The Killer as well as the A Better Tomorrow trilogy, another John Woo classic I'd recommend, especially the first one, considered to be one of the best, if not the best Hong Kong film for its time. I'm a huge Hong Kong film junkie in general, especially when it comes to the martial arts and heroic bloodshed genres. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby J35J » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:08 pm

I just rented Hard Boiled on my way home from work......but of course I just got Disc 1 Season 2 of Dexter as well.... ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 361)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

Starship Troopers
Both great movies but my holy trinity of guilty pleasure movies are Con Air, The Rock and Armageddon. ;-D

In other words, anything by Michael Bay. :-b

Bloodsport is right up there as one of my favorite guilty pleasure flicks and in fact, any Van Damme movie really is. Rocky IV is my favorite guilty pleasure movie of all time, I'd have to say. I'd dare to say I like it better than the much lauded Rocky I. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:24 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:In other words, anything by Michael Bay. :-b

Michael Bay had nothing to do with Con Air.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:06 pm

Reign Over Me: 7/10

Don Cheadle was great as always, and Adam Sandler was very impressive in a role that's far from his norm. The acting was good enough to overcome a storyline/script that could have been better. Some of the subplots didn't really contribute to the film overall and at times the dialogue was a little unrealistic. I also didn't really care for the ending, I thought they could have wrapped things up a bit better.

It's still a pretty good film, it just could have been a lot better.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk