Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:39 am

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:
J35J wrote:Into The Wild - 9.5/10 Wow

One of my all-time favorites

are you serious? that movie was a bore... i suppose it might be because i knew about the whole story beforehand seeing a documentary on that guy on either THC or NGEO.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby curious_george_43545 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:06 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:
J35J wrote:Into The Wild - 9.5/10 Wow

One of my all-time favorites

are you serious? that movie was a bore... i suppose it might be because i knew about the whole story beforehand seeing a documentary on that guy on either THC or NGEO.

Well that probably ruined the movie a bit and took away some of the suspense, but even if I knew the story I wouldn't call it a bore. It's a bit slow paced, but it's still a beautiful movie. ;-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:57 pm

i have been watching AMC's Mad Men Season 1 but i'm only about 4 episodes in, but so far it's pretty good
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:01 pm

I love slowly paced movies, ever seen "The Conversation" by Francis Ford Coppola? That's a phenomenal one, I have an appreciation for movies that move at the pace that best fits the story rather than one that best fits the viewers free time.
Last edited by TheA'sFatLeadoffMan on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:18 pm

Yes, Conversation is great. I don't really have a preference for fast or slow paced movies either way but if it works it works. Two movies of recent note are There Will Be Blood where I felt the slow pacing was one of the movies downfalls and The Assassination of Jesse James... where the slow, methodical pace was pitch perfect.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:23 am

The Dark Knight- 9/10

Finally got around to seeing this and I wasn't disappointed. Nolan has made another very entertaining movie here. For the genre it's just about perfect. I'll just say that it's very unfortunate that Heath Ledger doesn't get to reprise this role or ever be part of another movie again. Such amazing talent gone. Without him this was merely just a good movie, he's the one that made it great. RIP.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:17 am

Ok, the Dark Knight after a 2nd viewing, is a 8/10 flick, I still don't see it as the movie of the year(Wall-E). The storyline still feels like swiss cheese but when viewed sober it made a lot more sense than the first time. ;-D
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jlm53089 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:50 pm

Step Brothers- 8/10
It is a lot better than Semi Pro, Blades of Glory, and Talladega Nights.
It is hilarious and I love Will Ferrel comedy and if you do you will love this movie.
I was laughing for almost the entire movie. Go see it.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:35 pm

jlm53089 wrote:Step Brothers- 8/10
It is a lot better than Semi Pro, Blades of Glory, and Talladega Nights.
It is hilarious and I love Will Ferrel comedy and if you do you will love this movie.
I was laughing for almost the entire movie. Go see it.

I'd also give it a 8/10. Very funny. I haven't watched Semi Pro and Blades of Glory was horrible. Talladega Night was pretty funny and almost as good as Anchorman and Old School. I'd say Step Brothers is better than Talladega Nights, right up there with Anchorman and Old School.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:55 pm

Semi Pro had it's moments. I disliked Talladega Nights and Blades of Glory a lot but definitely looking forward to Step Brothers. Got Sons of Ranbow so going to watch that sometime this week. ;-D

I just saw Talk To Me. First half was great, second half not so much. Really disappointed to find out most of it was made up but as a work of fiction it's still good. Don Cheadle is great as usual.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk