Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:50 am

care to share where you got it from O:-) :-B
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby Phatferd » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:55 am

Snakes Gould wrote:care to share where you got it from O:-) :-B


He's a member of this torrent site called "scenetorrents" and its exclusive. You have to get an invite from a member and it takes them like a year to get 1 invite. It's nuts though, you can get any movie or TV Show. He got all 4 episodes of 24 two weeks ago.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:14 am

Phatferd wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:care to share where you got it from O:-) :-B


He's a member of this torrent site called "scenetorrents" and its exclusive. You have to get an invite from a member and it takes them like a year to get 1 invite. It's nuts though, you can get any movie or TV Show. He got all 4 episodes of 24 two weeks ago.


:-? weird...sounds like a cult to me.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby Yoda » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:04 pm

Went to a matinee for Children of Men because my wife wanted to see it. Heard good things about it and went in with an open mind. Wow. It's nerve wrecking and has some shocking moments throughout the movie. Overall it was done very well and wasn't over the top like all Hollywood Garbage nowadays. 8/10.

Also rented The Illusionist. It was entertaining but the ending was disappointing. It was a huge letdown and I still have no idea how there were ghosts everywhere. 6/10.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby CheeseBeger » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:22 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:care to share where you got it from O:-) :-B


If you want to watch movies, just go to

http://www.alluc.org

they have most of the movies that are still in the theaters, along with older movies and TV shows. And they do have blood diamond ( but haven't watched it yet)
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 1713
Joined: 21 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't need doubletalk! You need Bob Loblaw!

Postby CheeseBeger » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:24 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Boondock Saints for the millionth time 10/10

if you haven't seen it, one of the best of all time. Cult classic and a great movie. I hope the director and Producer can get on the same page for the sequal


Yeah its one of those cult movies more popular years later. Everyone at college bragged about how amazing it was, and I too thought "meh." It wasnt bad, but it wasn't worth the hype.
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 1713
Joined: 21 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't need doubletalk! You need Bob Loblaw!

Postby pokeyjoe » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:24 pm

Yoda wrote:Went to a matinee for Children of Men because my wife wanted to see it. Heard good things about it and went in with an open mind. Wow. It's nerve wrecking and has some shocking moments throughout the movie. Overall it was done very well and wasn't over the top like all Hollywood Garbage nowadays. 8/10.

Also rented The Illusionist. It was entertaining but the ending was disappointing. It was a huge letdown and I still have no idea how there were ghosts everywhere. 6/10.


Yea, I saw Children of Men last night, and it was quite good. I'd say 8.5/10. I liked the gritty feel of the film, and it was fairly believable-not the situation neccesarily, but the character's reactions to what happened.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 877
Joined: 9 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Jersey

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:07 pm

Everything is Illuminated

8.9/10

Funny, sad, good movie in general.

Doesn't follow the book.

Still other then the first 15 minutes which I recommend fast forwarding through its really good
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:52 pm

Haven't read the book yet but it's been on my todo list. The movie took me by surprise since I knew nothing about it and really wasn't expecting anything.
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:56 pm

Amazinz wrote:Haven't read the book yet but it's been on my todo list. The movie took me by surprise since I knew nothing about it and really wasn't expecting anything.


Same...my girlfriend said the book was better, who doesn't say that, anyways I enjoyed the movie alot.

Alex's character is awesome

"what is wrong with negros? they are a premium peoples."
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact