Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby jlm53089 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:01 am

I personally think its one of the best movies i HAVE ever seen.
I loved it and think is great, but godfather 1 and 2 are masterpieces, but they are two COMPLETELY different types of movies so its really hard to compare them at all.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:14 am

jlm53089 wrote:I personally think its one of the best movies i HAVE ever seen.
I loved it and think is great, but godfather 1 and 2 are masterpieces, but they are two COMPLETELY different types of movies so its really hard to compare them at all.

Here's a controversial comment....I finally rented the Godfather as I haven't watched the whole thing through before. Well, lets just say I turned it off half way through. Keep in mind I'm not a fan of older movies and this was no different. !+)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby jlm53089 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:19 am

J35J wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:I personally think its one of the best movies i HAVE ever seen.

Here's a controversial comment....I finally rented the Godfather as I haven't watched the whole thing through before. Well, lets just say I turned it off half way through. Keep in mind I'm not a fan of older movies and this was no different. !+)

Its personal taste for some, if you aboslutely hate a brand of movie, whether be old, drama, comedy etc... its a lot harder to win a person over.

However I am 19 years old and my dad had me watching the Godfather when I was 7, and I have kinda grew up with and understand it now more than I did then and I appreciate the work it is, it has inspired an entire genre and has set the bar so high.

Thats what makes a movie good, when you think of Mafia movie you think Godfather, Love Story Titanic, etc...
and I believe with Dark Knight, when you think super hero movie I believe you wont say Superman anymore it will more along the line come down to Dark Knight aka Batman...
Thats what makes a movie memorable, not necessary good but has to be pretty damn good for a genre to have its bar set by it.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby JTWood » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:41 am

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:Who really cares though, I mean seriously does anyone here seriously think TDK is the greatest film ever created?

Depends on the criteria you're judging it against. For this genre, it is easily one of the best movies I've ever seen.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby JTWood » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:45 am

bigh0rt wrote:
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:
I agree with J35J that it was possibly the best single role played by an actor in a long time.

Better than Daniel Day-Lewis in Gangs of New York?! That wasn't too long ago, and that was phenomenal, better than his role in "There Will Be Blood" in my opinion...

Prior to seeing TDK, DD-L's playing of the butcher was my favorite single role, ever. But now that goes to Ledger's Joker. I still love the butcher, and that character was played amazingly, but Joker was just too good.

Yeah, I would actually pit them against each other in a Battle of the Greatest Movie Villains.

2008 Joker is amazing. Just amazing.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby baseballstud » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:43 pm

just saw mystic river for the probably 5th or 6th time again yesterday, still one of my favorites. i love the whole dark feeling present throughout the film, although the speech given to jimmy by his wife at the end is a little over dramatic, i still think anyone who hasn't seen it should. also a very solid cast(sean penn,tim robbins,kevin bacon, laurence fishburn)

8.8/10
baseballstud
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:46 pm

I saw several movies this past week.

Harold and Kumar escape from Guantanamo - 10/10
Instant classic

Forbidden Kingdom 7/10
Not bad. Not great. The kid looked like a bargain basement version of Shia LaBoef and Jackie Chan is getting a little old.

Wall-E 9/10
A little slow but Fred Willard makes anything great.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby DK » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:16 pm

Wall-E - 4 stars. Easy.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:20 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I saw several movies this past week.

Harold and Kumar escape from Guantanamo - 10/10
Instant classic

You have to be kidding me? :-D

First one was great. Thought the sequel was trash.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JTWood » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:09 pm

baseballstud wrote:just saw mystic river for the probably 5th or 6th time again yesterday, still one of my favorites. i love the whole dark feeling present throughout the film, although the speech given to jimmy by his wife at the end is a little over dramatic, i still think anyone who hasn't seen it should. also a very solid cast(sean penn,tim robbins,kevin bacon, laurence fishburn)

8.8/10

Yeah, it's a pretty disturbing flic, but it's a very, very solid film.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk