Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:49 pm

Yeah Maggie G is a great actress and I don't know, maybe I'm a strange bird, I find her attractive. :-]
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:30 pm

I like Maggie G a lot as an actress, and with out seeing the movie yet ... it does feel a bit out of place for a role like her. But again I haven't seen it so I won't judge yet, though Katie Holmes is a wreck compared to Maggie G when it comes to acting. Also I sorta agree with Amazins, I think her looks is a more acquired one than the blonde hair big boobs one. :-b :-D
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby curious_george_43545 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:14 pm

Amazinz wrote:Yeah Maggie G is a great actress and I don't know, maybe I'm a strange bird, I find her attractive. :-]

She's fairly cute, defiantly doesn't deserve all the hate. Katie Holmes is overrated looks wise and shes not that good of an actor so.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby j24jags » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:06 pm

The Dark Knight 9/10

I loved it, Ledger was unbelievable, I agree with J35J that it was possibly the best single role played by an actor in a long time. It was definitely unforgettable. As for the rest, I do agree that it should have been broken up into this movie being focused on Joker and a sequel focused on Two-Face (Dent). I felt like the two-face part was rushed, but still I enjoyed it. Ledger really made the movie. Bale was great but not unbelievable, guys like Samuel Jackson/Eckhardt/Gyllenhall and the others all played their parts great, but Ledger was unbelievable. Anyway, I loved it and may very well see it again with a friend who hasn't seen it yet. ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby KCollins1304 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:11 pm

To those knocking Katie's acting: obviously you have not seen Dawson's Creek.

;-)
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nateb » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:14 pm

Dark Knight. What can you but Wow. Ledger was historically unbelieable in the role of the Joker. It's to bad he isn't around to do another movie.

I don't think the 2 face angle could have been an entire movie and been worth watching. I think it did fine being short.

I'm sure they want to another movie now but I wonder who they're going to go with for a future villain. The Joker is the main villain and after him, and especially the Joker that Ledger played, the other villains won't matchup.

Dark Knight was great.
nateb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby j24jags » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:20 pm

Also, for those of you who like imdb (I am one of you), The Dark Knight is rated the #1 movie all-time with a significant lead over The Godfather for now. The average user rating is a 9.7 8-o
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby curious_george_43545 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:27 pm

j24jags wrote:Also, for those of you who like imdb (I am one of you), The Dark Knight is rated the #1 movie all-time with a significant lead over The Godfather for now. The average user rating is a 9.7 8-o

That's all votes, it's currently tied with a 9.1 for the best movie of all time for the top 250 list where only regular voters count. It will probably come down as well soon, but who knows.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:48 pm

Who cares though really, I mean let's be real it's the freakin' Godfather, that movie and it's sequel are all time cinematic gold for generations to come.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:52 pm

j24jags wrote:The Dark Knight 9/10

I loved it, Ledger was unbelievable, I agree with J35J that it was possibly the best single role played by an actor in a long time. It was definitely unforgettable. As for the rest, I do agree that it should have been broken up into this movie being focused on Joker and a sequel focused on Two-Face (Dent). I felt like the two-face part was rushed, but still I enjoyed it. Ledger really made the movie. Bale was great but not unbelievable, guys like Samuel Jackson/Eckhardt/Gyllenhall and the others all played their parts great, but Ledger was unbelievable. Anyway, I loved it and may very well see it again with a friend who hasn't seen it yet. ;-D

I must've missed Samuel Jackson's cameo. :-b
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk