Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:28 am

I also just saw "The Good Shepard" 7.5/10

A good thinking movie with some debate how it ended. A totally opposite role from the "Bourne" series. I believe the next one is titled "The Bourne Ultimatum".
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 876
Joined: 9 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CheeseBeger » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:05 am

Jackass 2 8.0/10

It gets a minus .5 for making me gag at my computer multiple times. VERY funny though.
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 1713
Joined: 21 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't need doubletalk! You need Bob Loblaw!

Postby daullaz » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:33 am

Little Miss Sunshine - 8/10

Solid movie. ;-D
Image
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4884
(Past Year: 61)
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Babel

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:16 am

Fade2White12 wrote:Lucky Number Sleven 9/10

This movie completely caught me by surprise. The doofy title and character names had me thinking the worst, but the plot really did it for me. I completely suggest it.

Saw this a couple of months ago and loved it. My wife wasn't keen on the violence, and I thought it dragged just a bit setting us up for big ending. However, once it got rolling, I thought it was a great movie with some excellent twists. Great cast.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:39 am

CheeseBeger wrote:Jackass 2 8.0/10

It gets a minus .5 for making me gag at my computer multiple times. VERY funny though.


I watched this last night and I was very disappointed. I loved the first one but the second one had way too much scatological humour and too much homoerotic stuff. I can do without all of the teabags and anuses. The first one had me spitting out my beer laughing, the second one had me hitting fast forward a lot. 3.5/10
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby Old_Style » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:40 pm

Beerfest - 6/10

i didn't really expect too much out of it before i saw it. i enjoyed some parts but i probably won't watch it again.
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:58 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
CheeseBeger wrote:Jackass 2 8.0/10

It gets a minus .5 for making me gag at my computer multiple times. VERY funny though.


I watched this last night and I was very disappointed. I loved the first one but the second one had way too much scatological humour and too much homoerotic stuff. I can do without all of the teabags and anuses. The first one had me spitting out my beer laughing, the second one had me hitting fast forward a lot. 3.5/10


i still thought it was very funny and crazy. i got a ton of laughs, but im a jackass fan to begin with. i could easily see someone saying they dont understand why its funny, but i do . 7/10 ish
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:01 am

Boondock Saints for the millionth time 10/10

if you haven't seen it, one of the best of all time. Cult classic and a great movie. I hope the director and Producer can get on the same page for the sequal
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:04 am

deerayfan072 wrote:Boondock Saints for the millionth time 10/10

if you haven't seen it, one of the best of all time. Cult classic and a great movie. I hope the director and Producer can get on the same page for the sequal


everyone i know talked about this movie about the same way you did. while i thought it was good, i thought it was just that. a good movie. 6-7/10. i didnt see the "brilliance" in it.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby Phatferd » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:25 am

Just watched Blood Diamond at a buddies (gotta love the internet. it was an actual dvd copy too not some dude shooting it in the theater) while drinking some Newcastles. I'd rather spend $10 on a 12 pack and watch the movie than $10 on a ticket.

Anyways, 9/10.

I thought the action was really good and the storyline wasn't overdone or too cliche. I could have done without some of the love story.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Thomasbync and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

NY Yankees at Toronto
(1:07 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(1:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(4:05 pm)
Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(7:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact