Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby thedude » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:18 pm

Hell Boy 2- 6.5/10. It was entertaining at times, but was nothing special. Parts made me laugh, but other sections really dragged.

Overall i found it somewhat stupid for instance; SPOILER WARNING our "heroes" run into Hell Boy's death, who tells us that Hell Boy is destined to destroy the world. Hell Boy's personified death just happens to be chilling out in a remote section of Northern Ireland that the characters visit. There is also a character that is made out of smoke. Oh and the guy from the first movie randomly got assigned to Antarctica for reasons that weren't really established.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:09 pm

The Lady in the Water - 5/10 This was nothing like I thought it was going to be. Not really that good at all....although I thought it could have been a good idea if it was done differently.

The Number 23 - 8.5/10 This is a pretty good movie, a little twisted, but good! Some twists I didn't see coming and kept me paying attention. Good flick.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Mugrila » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:57 pm

Hancock- 6/10. Not terrible, but it just doesn't flow well at all- like watching two separate movies. I enjoyed the first half, but it just seemed like they tried too hard in the 2nd half make it into something it wasn't.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby curious_george_43545 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:09 pm

J35J wrote:The Lady in the Water - 5/10 This was nothing like I thought it was going to be. Not really that good at all....although I thought it could have been a good idea if it was done differently.

The Number 23 - 8.5/10 This is a pretty good movie, a little twisted, but good! Some twists I didn't see coming and kept me paying attention. Good flick.

Ugh the number 23 is a terrible movie. I'm pretty sure it's full of plot holes, but the movie was so bad I didn't even care enough to think about it to see if it made sense. Besides the fact that it was confusing there was nothing else in the movie to even keep you watching. Bad acting, random sex scenes that offered nothing to the movie (and I love the random sex/nude scene in movies), and I can't even think of anything else because there was nothing to this movie. :-t
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:42 pm

curious_george_43545 wrote:
J35J wrote:The Lady in the Water - 5/10 This was nothing like I thought it was going to be. Not really that good at all....although I thought it could have been a good idea if it was done differently.

Ugh the number 23 is a terrible movie. I'm pretty sure it's full of plot holes, but the movie was so bad I didn't even care enough to think about it to see if it made sense. Besides the fact that it was confusing there was nothing else in the movie to even keep you watching. Bad acting, random sex scenes that offered nothing to the movie (and I love the random sex/nude scene in movies), and I can't even think of anything else because there was nothing to this movie. :-t

i only liked it because it was different. it wasnt very well made and there seemed to be a thousand plot holes, but it kept me entertained/weirded out the whole time, so thats not too bad. id give it a 6/10 maybe.

i just watched the game with michael douglass the other night on dvd. pretty strange movie with some nice creative twists and whatnot. id go 6.5/10.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JTWood » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:34 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i just watched the game with michael douglass the other night on dvd. pretty strange movie with some nice creative twists and whatnot. id go 6.5/10.

The Game is like a 9.5/10. Seriously awesome.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:38 am

JTWood wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i just watched the game with michael douglass the other night on dvd. pretty strange movie with some nice creative twists and whatnot. id go 6.5/10.

The Game is like a 9.5/10. Seriously awesome.

eh there were a few things i didnt really like. i might go as far as 7 or MAYBE 7.5, but definitely not 9.5. some good concepts and all but there were some things missing to me.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby curious_george_43545 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:11 am

ooo The Game. I love David Fincher most his movies are sweet and very suspenseful. I like the whole idea of the game, but there was a few points where I felt the movie dragged, and I was just a little dissapointed because I watched Fight Club and Se7en before The Game, but it was still a sweet movie. Proly give it 7/10 maybe 8/10, but I had high expectations from it so.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DbacksRback » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:38 am

Yoda wrote:Jackass 2 1/2: 10/10. I don't care if it is just a bunch of stupid gags and stunts with no plot. It is hysterical and made me cry at times. Second time watching it.

I love those movies. One of the kids from my high school who goes to film school has made 3 movies much like jackass i know some parts are dumb but if u would like to watch some clips from the older movies here is part of the first on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3UQ-dZrI60&feature=related I wasnt in it but i found some parts funny but a lot of dumb parts
Movies ive seen recently:
No Country for Old Men: 7/10 ( didnt like the ending)
There Will be Blood: 9/10
National Treasure 2: 5/10

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby j24jags » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:27 am

curious_george_43545 wrote:

I agree with curious george, I did not like this movie, Jim Carrey is not meant to be a serious actor, and the plot has major holes...
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk