Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby dclark0699 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:44 pm

Yoda wrote:Ummm this movie is the opposite of a "Hollywood" ending.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. It was different - but I can see why a lot of movies who try a different ending end up having them frowned upon in pre-release screenings and have to change them.

I would say that the story the movie told would have not being good had it ended perfect and happy - and I don't know - I might have liked it less, hard to say. It is just that I was a little depressed after the movie - which makes it a downer. There is enough wrong in the world, I guess I like how movies make it seem like it will all end up great - it's a good distraction to every day life.

I can see why people like it though.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:57 pm

Yeah sometimes it's tough when a powerful film ends dark. Two that come to mind were Requiem for a Dream and Irreversible really left me bummed out for the rest of the night.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby curious_george_43545 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:32 pm

Yeah Se7en was a sweet movie, it's a bit slow at times, but it fit together nicely and I did like the ending. And I just rewatched the 40 year old virgin and I liked it much better than the first time I saw it. Don't know why, but yeah great movie. ;-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:06 pm

Amazinz wrote:Yeah sometimes it's tough when a powerful film ends dark. Two that come to mind were Requiem for a Dream and Irreversible really left me bummed out for the rest of the night.

That was an incredible movie. Not something I want to watch again but very disturbing.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby hybrid » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:50 pm

I guess I have no sense of humor. Just watched Anchor Man and um I think almost any other movie he made might be better. :*)
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:00 am

hybrid wrote:I guess I have no sense of humor. Just watched Anchor Man and um I think almost any other movie he made might be better. :*)

funny, anchorman was one of the only movies i actually liked, but you know what? it all depends in what order youve seen the movies. if you take someone who has never seen any of his movies and sat them down and told them to watch all of them in random order, i bet the first 3 will be the funniest and the last will be the worst. all of his movies are exactly the same.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby hybrid » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:18 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
hybrid wrote:I guess I have no sense of humor. Just watched Anchor Man and um I think almost any other movie he made might be better. :*)

funny, anchorman was one of the only movies i actually liked, but you know what? it all depends in what order youve seen the movies. if you take someone who has never seen any of his movies and sat them down and told them to watch all of them in random order, i bet the first 3 will be the funniest and the last will be the worst. all of his movies are exactly the same.

To be totally honest I may have only watched 2, first one was ok (talladega night?) and anchorman not so much. So maybe there is something to your theory. Or I'm just not a big fan of comedy like that in a movie. I think it's better for skits like SNL where you can use the best material, than a whole movie were you need a bunch more material.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:22 am

hybrid wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

To be totally honest I may have only watched 2, first one was ok (talladega night?) and anchorman not so much. So maybe there is something to your theory. Or I'm just not a big fan of comedy like that in a movie. I think it's better for skits like SNL where you can use the best material, than a whole movie were you need a bunch more material.

im not really a fan of that type of humor either, which is why when i saw anchorman a few years ago, i thought "this is pretty funny, different than what im used to seeing" and then after 10 more movies just like it, its like "ok, just go away now".

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby JTWood » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:31 am

Wall-e: 10/10

Maybe I'm just a sucker for Pixar flicks, but the whole thing - the short and the movie - were just amazing.

;-D ;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:38 am

Jackass 2 1/2: 10/10. I don't care if it is just a bunch of stupid gags and stunts with no plot. It is hysterical and made me cry at times. Second time watching it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk